IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN Appeal Upheld - Advice Wanted On Next Steps

geeovana
geeovana Posts: 91 Forumite
edited 28 May 2018 at 10:06AM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hello,

Recently received a council issue PCN for parking on double yellow lines when on a day out to Wales. The car was parked on a grass verge next to an A-Road as we climbed Snowdonia. On returning to the car we had received a PCN.

The grass verge was more than wide enough to park the car on without encroaching on to the road or touching the yellow lines. I appealed on the grounds that the double yellow lines where inside a solid white line which denoted the edge of the carriageway, so the grass verge could not be included within the yellow lines 'jurisdiction' if you will. I shall upload photographs tomorrow which will make it clear.

After the my partner appealed, we got a reply from a company called WPPP (Wales Penalty Processing Partnership) stating they had looked into the matter and there where no grounds for the PCN to be cancelled with further dribble regarding how we should pay.

I replied myself with a two page letter asking for various things such as evidence in the highway code that shows double yellow lines inside a solid white line, information on the income received from the parking location etc. etc.

I received a reply yesterday stating that the PCN has now been cancelled on the grounds that the yellow lines where within a single white line, and not a whole lot more. I will upload the letters and PCN tomorrow for people to read through.

Now the worrying thing is that there where LOT's of people parking on this grass verge (I estimated 50+ just at the time we where there) all with PCN notices on.

Now my questions to you are, what is stopping me:

1) Claiming money back for the time wasted by myself and my partner in appealing the PCN.

2) Asking the council to pay back all tickets from the parking location, on the grounds they have admitted the yellow lines are not legal?

Thank you for any advice.

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    As we tend to major on private parking tickets here, PePiPoo will be your best bet for council tickets. Register there (but please note that a hotmail address won't work) and post a new thread; here's your link:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=SF&s=&f=30

Have a read through some of the other threads there before you post your own to get the hang of what information they need from you in your opening post - but as a minimum you will need to post redacted photos/scans of all correspondence you've received from the council (both sides, if appropriate) as they need to see all the small print.

PePiPoo has an excellent success record in dealing with council tickets.

HTH
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport