o2 priority moments freebies and offers (**updated**)

Options

Comments

• mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Today I went to Neros and my friends code worked - he is on android, I am on iphone and both of us have credit on our sims. But no matter how many times I scanned my code it beeped as if it was scanning but it just would not take the price of my hot drink off.

I had both of our loyalty cards in my hand and both of us just needed one stamp for a complete card. The assistant took my card from me in payment. Then she gave me 3 stamps - one on my friends and 2 on a new card - as if this was compensation.

At the bottom of the page there is a button for tweeting for assistant but I could not get that to work in the shop. Instead I sent 02 a direct message. They asked if Id spoken to a manager in the shop - there was none or none as far as I could see .
    Then 02 just said to keep an eye out for more offers - in other words - tough we cant do anything :(
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • sarcen
    sarcen Posts: 28 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-O2-International-SIM-Card-with-10-credit/163025328325?hash=item25f51118c5:g:zQkAAOSwk2tappPc

credit expires after 6 months if you dont use the phone, not 1 month as long as you dont have a bundle activated that auto renews each month

When I asked in an O2 store they said no credit rolls over on any tariff - so I would question this offer.
  • alisont
    alisont Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    My O2 app worked a few days ago but is now asking for me to enter my 02 number so they can text me an activation code - think I’ve lost my O2 offers as I don’t have an 02 sim anymore.
    Sealed Pot Challenge number 8 Amount declared £365.50.

Sealed pot challenge number 9 number 482
  • koalakoala
    koalakoala Posts: 748 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    alisont wrote: »
    My O2 app worked a few days ago but is now asking for me to enter my 02 number so they can text me an activation code - think I’ve lost my O2 offers as I don’t have an 02 sim anymore.

The offers are only for O2 customers
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,270 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    koalakoala wrote: »

That's looking increasingly to be the case now. O2 look finally to have stamped down on the !!!!!!!!!!s.
  • Ziggy_Stardust
    Ziggy_Stardust Posts: 1,418 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    It must be as I'm with o2 on payg, I buy a bundle or have International caller, topping up about £10 per month, I've had no problems. The only way I could see for people who still want the deals, which aren't great at the moment (I still miss my Boots butties :o) is to get a payg sim on the international caller or classic 321 plans where you top up but your credit isn't taken unless you make calls. I'm guessing you would have to do this more often so you could buy iTunes or Google play credit with your phone credit https://www.o2.co.uk/charge-to-mobile or donate it to charity via text and top up again, I'm not so sure though how often you'd have to do this.
  • alisont
    alisont Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    koalakoala wrote: »

I do have an O2 PAYG phone but as I’ve not used it the credits gone.
    I’ve sent off for another SIM but not sure I’ll set up Priority again or not.
    Sealed Pot Challenge number 8 Amount declared £365.50.

Sealed pot challenge number 9 number 482
  • sampan26
    sampan26 Posts: 643 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    The sim is only active for 6 months. If you don't use the sim to call or text, and only for the app, they cancel the credit as well as the sim.
    It happened with my ipad.
  • Sncjw
    Sncjw Posts: 3,509 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Can you not just get another sim like for a quid then pop the number in to get the code
    Mortgage free wannabe 

Actual mortgage stating amount £75,150

Overpayment start date 1/3/23.

Starting balance £66,565.45

Current balance £63,787.16

• matty_art
    matty_art Posts: 219 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    No you’ve got to top it up now so minimum £10 spend
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories