Ever been banned by a site and why?

Options
Basically what the title says. Or been banned from liking/following etc on social media and if so why?

Comments

• Blueyez
    Blueyez Posts: 2,983 Forumite
    Options
    andrew71 wrote: »
    Basically what the title says. Or been banned from liking/following etc on social media and if so why?

I can't remember the companies name, but they blocked a lot of compers a few years ago on twitter- they ran comps for headphones/earphones. they did not like 'compers' very much.
    2018 wins-12wins
  • sleepyjones
    sleepyjones Posts: 6,087 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I get blocked by forums all the time, can't think why :rotfl:
  • Midnighter
    Midnighter Posts: 18,385 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I forget which site it was, but there was a blogger who took exception to his comps being posted on MSE, threw a hissy fit and banned several MSErs, myself included, from entering his comps in future.
    '...luck came to those who left a space for it.' Terry Pratchett
  • grannybiker
    grannybiker Posts: 12,128 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I got blocked by a FB page when I posted in support of someone they'd announced as a winner, then gone back on it as they said she hadn't liked their page. (She had, and shared with screenshots to prove it showing time & date, but FB wasn't showing it their end.)

I've also been blocked on Twitter when I tried to pass on some news to someone who wasn't on FB and I knew they'd want to know. That one still baffles me :(
    Worse things will have happened in the world today...
    "The only thing that really matters, it to love and to be loved."
  • WeAreGhosts
    WeAreGhosts Posts: 3,100 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Not comp related, but I got banned (my only ban) on social media by Lakelovers holiday cottages for posting a review on one of their awful, mucky so-called "luxury" holiday cottages. Wouldn't touch them again with a barge pole ...

... (who's got a barge pole?)
  • andrew71
    andrew71 Posts: 1,227 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Blueyez wrote: »
    I can't remember the companies name, but they blocked a lot of compers a few years ago on twitter- they ran comps for headphones/earphones. they did not like 'compers' very much.
    Was it something like 8/eight ball earphone? I think I was banned for same reason. :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure