Remove dent from privacy glass ?

Options

Comments

• loskie
    loskie Posts: 1,761 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Is the glass tinted to create "privacy glass" or is it by means of a film being applied to the glass surface?
    If the latter go to a glass tint place, have the existing film removed and new film replied. Otherwise just live with it.
  • Iceweasel
    Iceweasel Posts: 4,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    AFAIK factory tinted privacy glass is produced by treating the inside surface of the glass, so the chips that you have are on the outer clear layer/side of the glass.

You applying a black felt pen into the chip on the outer non-tinted side will simply great a black dot - as you discovered.

The usual chip repair system can be carried out on tinted glass just as it can on clear glass - with clear resin.

Good luck.
  • AMH3
    AMH3 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Ice weasel thanks at least someone on here who has some knowledge and provides a answer unlike the other time wasters
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    AMH3 wrote: »
    Ice weasel thanks at least someone on here who has some knowledge and provides a answer unlike the other time wasters
    What about mine!
  • Manxman_in_exile
    Options
    AMH3 wrote: »
    Car54 another one with nothing worth saying, so many time wasters on this forum

Now that's what I call irony...
  • Mercdriver
    Mercdriver Posts: 3,898 Forumite
    Options
    Is there really any need to troll the OP when you know what he means? Different if you didn't, but you ALL without exception know what he means. I hope you all feel suitably empowered.
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Mercdriver wrote: »
    Is there really any need to troll the OP when you know what he means? Different if you didn't, but you ALL without exception know what he means. I hope you all feel suitably empowered.

If he hadn't have made such a fuss about being corrected and then refused to accept that calling it a "Dent" is incorrect then i wouldn't have even commented.

How can you have a sensible discussion with someone who can't accept that a small chip in glass cannot be classed as a dent?.
  • Mercdriver
    Options
    takman wrote: »
    If he hadn't have made such a fuss about being corrected and then refused to accept that calling it a "Dent" is incorrect then i wouldn't have even commented.

How can you have a sensible discussion with someone who can't accept that a small chip in glass cannot be classed as a dent?.

Why is it so important to debate something which is understood by all what is intended? There is a time when it's important for clarity. This wasn't one of them :cool:
  • Manxman_in_exile
    Manxman_in_exile Posts: 8,380 Forumite
    edited 14 July 2017 at 11:44PM
    Options
    But it's not a dent - it's a chip.

OP could simply have said " Sorry you are all correct it's a chip"

I only looked at this thread because I couldn't understand how glass could be dented

(EDIT that's because I didn't understand what OP meant)
  • Mercdriver
    Options
    But it's not a dent - it's a chip.

OP could simply have said " Sorry you are all correct it's a chip"

I only looked at this thread because I couldn't understand how glass could be dented

(EDIT that's because I didn't understand what OP meant)

You mean you read through two pages, and then had an eureka moment? Really?

Sometimes I'm tempted to be a pedant. Occasionally I even start typing a reply, but then I self edit and think, no it's not necessary. The intent is obvious.

I hope you feel suitably empowered. Once you read the first post, it was obvious it was a chip. It was obvious to me too. I had the same question in my mind. Difference was I didn't feel I needed to feel superior.

Different strokes, and all that... ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport