PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Can I terminate my tenant's tenancy early for having an unauthorised pet?

Comments

• lovinituk
    lovinituk Posts: 5,711 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I would have to find a way to test its DNA....
    Troll...lol.....lol :rotfl:
  • lovinituk wrote: »
    Post the pics so we can see then. Probably just a husky or malamute!

She's said it's a Czechoslovakian Wolfdog. Google them. They look like wolves. I'm not sure how anything could look any more like a wolf than one of those, to be honest.
  • lovinituk
    Combo Breaker First Post
    She's said it's a Czechoslovakian Wolfdog. Google them. They look like wolves. I'm not sure how anything could look any more like a wolf than one of those, to be honest.
    She's (if we're referring to OP?) said a lot of things, doesn't make them true, hence why I said post the pics.

I hadn't heard of that breed before but just looked it up - they look like a husky/alsatian cross!
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I don't understand why anyone would rent at all on these forever contracts, it is bizarre and the agent didn't say anything about it at all. I didn't think I had to be an expert since I was going through a professional and trusted them. They found the tenant and did the referencing.

Oh dear. yep, definitely sell up.
    She's (if we're referring to OP?) said a lot of things, doesn't make them true, hence why I said post the pics.

I hadn't heard of that breed before but just looked it up - they look like a husky/alsatian cross!

My point being that if the tenant claims it's a Czech Wolfdog, I don't know how anyone could look at it and say "No, it isn't, it's more wolflike than that."
    It's far more likely to be the recognised, legal dog breed that they say it is than an illegal half wolf hybrid that somebody has imported with enormous difficulty and expense. So much more likely, that the latter alternative can be discarded.
    Post the pics so we can see then. Probably just a husky or malamute!

The tenant has already admitted it is a breed of wolfdog, one which is legal. But apparently it doesn't matter what kind of breed it is, even if it is an illegal wild animal it is free to tear the place up and no-one can do anything. I think I will suggest that they get themselves more animals and turn the place into a petting zoo, where the animals TEAR YOUR BELONGINGS TO SHREDS AND PEE ALL OVER YOU
  • Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    The tenant has already admitted it is a breed of wolfdog, one which is legal. But apparently it doesn't matter what kind of breed it is, even if it is an illegal wild animal it is free to tear the place up and no-one can do anything. I think I will suggest that they get themselves more animals and turn the place into a petting zoo, where the animals TEAR YOUR BELONGINGS TO SHREDS AND PEE ALL OVER YOU

I seriously hope the tenants come on this forum and get advice to tell you to F......
  • lovinituk
    Combo Breaker First Post
    My point being that if the tenant claims it's a Czech Wolfdog, I don't know how anyone could look at it and say "No, it isn't, it's more wolflike than that."
    It's far more likely to be the recognised, legal dog breed that they say it is than an illegal half wolf hybrid that somebody has imported with enormous difficulty and expense. So much more likely, that the latter alternative can be discarded.
    I'm taking everything the OP says with a pinch of salt. We don't even know if the tenant really exists, let alone that they said it was a Czech Wolfdog. Now with the OPs DNA testing comment I think its all bull$h1t anyway.
  • Tammykitty
    Tammykitty Posts: 1,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    You could tell the agency you rent through that the tenants have got a dog - against the terms of the contract, and let the professionals advise you.

You could potentially give permission for the dog (as it already there), but ask for a bigger deposit to cover the potential damage (This would also need to be protected) and add an amendment that the tenants must get the flat professionally cleaned,
  • Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    Tammykitty wrote: »
    You could tell the agency you rent through that the tenants have got a dog - against the terms of the contract, and let the professionals advise you. - Professionals, hahahaha...

You could potentially give permission for the dog (as it already there) - this may not be required, OP still hasn't given the exact wording of the clause. , but ask for a bigger deposit to cover the potential damage (This would also need to be protected) and add an amendment that the tenants must get the flat professionally cleaned,
    That amendment would be unenforceable.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport