Furniture delivery - ruined carpets

Comments

• angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    Shaka_Zulu wrote: »
    The first paragraph set the tone for the rest of the OPs complaint.

Unreasonable expectations!
    so what is wrong with the first Paragraph. If you mean £35 for delivery then that is what IKEA charge for a truck delivery.
    They were going to change me that for a £20 chest of drawers to be delivered
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Well you could always tell Ikea that you want to deal with them
    "as your contract is with them" and then waste lots of time for everyone concerned.

Personally I would rather make the process quicker and easier by dealing direct with the people who have contacted you and provide them with the information requested.

If you are not satisfied with the outcome then you can go back to Ikea and complain.
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    so what is wrong with the first Paragraph. If you mean £35 for delivery then that is what IKEA charge for a truck delivery.
    They were going to change me that for a £20 chest of drawers to be delivered
    He was alluding to the fact that the OP found a £35 delivery charge to be somewhat beyond the pail.
  • Money_maker
    Money_maker Posts: 5,471 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    oj29 wrote: »
    really IKEA should have issued a refund and paid for the cleaning costs
    You're looking for a refund for what exactly? I would assume that you just need the cleaning costs reimbursed.
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed. ;)

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • SuperHan
    SuperHan Posts: 2,269 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Are you sure your contract is with IKEA?

At my local IKEA, you buy your goods at the IKEA till and then walk over to a different till to pay for delivery. Although manned by IKEA staff, the contracts they present you with to sign and agree the delivery are not IKEA branded, they are branded with the delivery company's details. You contract directly with the delivery company separately.

(Obviously may not apply for online orders)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    You're looking for a refund for what exactly? I would assume that you just need the cleaning costs reimbursed.
    Probably wants a refund of the delivery cost too...
    SuperHan wrote: »
    Are you sure your contract is with IKEA?
    The OP clearly states that he is now aware that IKEA used a courier service...
    it turns out they contract out this service to a courier company.
  • angryparcel
    Probably wants a refund of the delivery cost too...

The OP clearly states that he is now aware that IKEA used a courier service...
    yes and the courier company is not disputing anything, then have asked for proof of the damage and estimates for the cleaning/repair costs.
  • oj29
    oj29 Posts: 19 Forumite
    Correct; Ikea use a courier service, this is irrelevant to me - the retailer is liable for the services provided by the couriers it employs - the delivery firm is not liable.
  • angryparcel
    Correct; Ikea use a courier service, this is irrelevant to me - the retailer is liable for the services provided by the couriers it employs - the delivery firm is not liable.
    but you have been asked to provide evidence and estimates of costs to clean or repair. Provide this and it will be sorted,

do you think that Idea or the delivery company will take any money from their tills, this will be sorted by the insurance company and i bet it would have been them that called you for evidence.
    you wont get anywhere if you dont provide the info they asked for
  • oj29
    oj29 Posts: 19 Forumite
    edited 7 June 2017 at 1:38PM
    but you have been asked to provide evidence and estimates of costs to clean or repair. Provide this and it will be sorted,

do you think that Idea or the delivery company will take any money from their tills, this will be sorted by the insurance company and i bet it would have been them that called you for evidence.
    you wont get anywhere if you dont provide the info they asked for

I gave them the information yesterday but the point is, the contract was with Ikea and actually they should be taking responsibility for this. It's just poor customer service really, they could've just refunded the delivery cost in the first instance and I wouldn't have thought anything of it.

Why would I care about whether it comes out of their till or not?

People here don't even know that when you order something online the retailer is liable for the delivery of the goods and not the delivery company. I don't see how these people can give advice on consumer rights when they don't know these rights.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure