IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

National Parking Enforcement ( NPE ) £60(£100) for 4 minutes! The battle begins

Options

Comments

• Loadsofchildren123
    Options
    If it got to court you would be expected to produce some evidence of the cloning (eg other pcns/speeding and parking tickets etc). If you couldn't the judge may not believe you. And it would require you to lie under oath too, and in your WS (bearing a Statement of Truth). A very dangerous game to play, even if others have successfully tried it.
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Why you even need to consider this is beyond me. You have a proper get out - why do you need to rely on lies?
  • Guys_Dad wrote: »
    Why you even need to consider this is beyond me. You have a proper get out - why do you need to rely on lies?

Well that was my thinking. We were just chewing the fat, so to speak. Not sure he was seriously suggesting that I do it.
  • stickitupyourjumper
    stickitupyourjumper Posts: 37 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 21 September 2017 at 6:33PM
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »
    stickitupyourjumper

back to watching fantasy movies on TV for you then

I work in Criminal Justice. Won't be any more specific than that. Naturally I found your comment very amusing :)
  • fisherjim wrote: »
    I wonder why he is an "ex policeman"?

Possibly, although I think it is unlikely for various other reasons that I won't go into.
  • stickitupyourjumper
    Options
    So I have got a response. Only via email at the moment. The sent me the following in .pdf form (as a formal letter) including further pictures of me getting out of my car, my car parked and various signs around the site:

"Thank you for your appeal received on 19/09/2017 regarding the above detailed Parking Charge Notice. We have reviewed the case and considered the comments that you have made. This appeal has been considered in conjunction with the evidence gathered by the photographic evidence and parking attendants notes (where applicable). Our records show that the notice was correctly issued as your vehicle was parked in breach of the Terms and Conditions of Parking.
    This parking area is reserved for permit holders only. No other vehicles are permitted to park at any time.
    Please be advised that we are pursuing you as the registered keeper under POFA 2012.
    <!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine ]-->The amount charged is a contractual charge.
    Our cameras are synchronised every 24 hours
    <!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine ]-->
    <!--[endif]--><!--[endif]-->The decision in the Parking Eye v Beavis case has been handed down by the Supreme Court on 4th November 2015. The judgement confirms parking regimes which impose charges where motorists overstay or breach the terms of their contractual licence to park are enforceable charges. The summary to the judgement can be found here- https://www.supremecourt.uk/cases/docs/uksc-2013-0280-press-summary.pdf
    We are therefore unable to cancel the Parking Charge Notice as it was issued correctly. We have now extended the discounted payment period by 14 days to allow you time to pay the discounted settlement amount. Please now make payment of £60 to reach us by 14/11/2017 or £100 to reach us by 28/11/2017. We must advise you that once the discounted settlement rate passes it will not be offered again.
    Payments can be made by cheque or postal order made payable to National Parking Enforcement Ltd. Please ensure you write your Parking Charge Notice number clearly on the reverse. Please do not send cash through the post. Payment can be made using a debit or credit card by calling the automated payment line on 0333 0066292 (please be aware that a £0.50 processing fee will be added). For our full Complaints Procedure please visit https://www.parkingprotection.co.uk.
    If you wish to contest our decision, please send your representations to https://www.theIAS.org within 21 days from the date of this letter. Please note that if you wish to appeal to IAS the reduced charge will no longer be offered and the full charge will be outstanding if your appeal is not successful. IAS will not consider any appeals if payment is made. Please allow 12 hours from notification of rejection before appealing to IAS."
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Just template crap, ignore it and come back if you get a claim (unlikely, but defendable and we help around 99% of posters to win).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,638 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    "This parking area is reserved for permit holders only. No other vehicles are permitted to park at any time."

Doesn't look like a good basis for a contract, does it?
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    stickitupyourjumper

In an earlier post you said "I work in Criminal Justice"

You will then be able to tell the difference between the Beavis
    case and yours and why the PPC is full of cr*p

The same with THE IPC SCAM SET UP BY GLADSTONES
  • stickitupyourjumper
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Just template crap, ignore it and come back if you get a claim (unlikely, but defendable and we help around 99% of posters to win).

Wow. Okay. I hope you are right! I thought that they may have been responding to what my initial email said and the way that it was worded (request pictures etc.). But cool, cool...I will ignore for now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure