RedSpottedHanky receipt

cbmaxyz
cbmaxyz Posts: 57 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 21 May 2019 at 11:50PM in Public transport & cycling
I have some RedSpottedHanky credit that I need to use by mid-July, but the only train travel I'm likely to make is for work. Ordinarily I buy a walk-up ticket, and then the next day I give the receipt to the Finance Department at work, who reimburse me.

If I instead buy from RedSpottedHanky and collect the tickets from the ticket machine, will I get a receipt from the machine and will it be for the full amount or will it deduct the voucher value? If Finance see the lower amount, they won't reimburse me for the voucher - so it'll be like giving my workplace the discount, not me!

Comments

• Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I have some RSH collection receipts, though from about 5 years ago (so maybe things have changed since then?). In my case I used RSH vouchers to pay for the tickets outright. On the collection receipt under 'Value' it shows the full price of the ticket. However, under 'Description' it says '1 COUPON' or '2 COUPONS', which presumably indicates how many vouchers I used for each ticket.
    Stompa
  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Stompa wrote: »
    IHowever, under 'Description' it says '1 COUPON' or '2 COUPONS', which presumably indicates how many vouchers I used for each ticket.
    I think that just tells you how many physical parts the ticket is in - i.e. if the seat reservation is printed on the travel ticket its 1 and if a separate piece of card - it's 2. So you know if you've got all the bits you need.

So the OP could just use the receipt or the physical ticket showing value for their expenses
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    NBLondon wrote: »
    I think that just tells you how many physical parts the ticket is in - i.e. if the seat reservation is printed on the travel ticket its 1 and if a separate piece of card - it's 2. So you know if you've got all the bits you need.

Ah OK thanks, that does make more sense than my theory!
    Stompa
  • cbmaxyz
    cbmaxyz Posts: 57 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thank you for your replies. I e-mailed RSH and they got back to me to say the receipt will show the full value of my ticket, as if I hadn't used a voucher at all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure