Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • UKTigerlily
    • By UKTigerlily 18th May 19, 8:50 AM
    • 4,473Posts
    • 5,634Thanks
    UKTigerlily
    PIP MR & Appeal decision
    • 18th May 19, 8:50 AM
    PIP MR & Appeal decision 18th May 19 at 8:50 AM
    Hi everybody

I recently was moved from an indefinite award on DLA (HRC/LRM) to Standard PIP on both. I went through the MR process, and the decision came back the same. I put in for an appeal online, as recommended by someone here (thank you) . . . it was logged with the courts, they said the DWP had until 13th June to respond.

Just had a letter stating that they have looked again at everything, including my appeal reasons etc and have awarded me 17 points, up from 11, and I am now on Enhanced, and the appeal will not continue.

Just wanted to let you all know, as I was worried about the Tribunal, and affording to fund private treatment, but they have straight away, within days, awarded the correct rate, for the same length of time (I agreed with the length of the award)
    Thanks for all the advice & help
    Last edited by UKTigerlily; 18-05-2019 at 1:57 PM.
Page 1
    • pmlindyloo
    • By pmlindyloo 18th May 19, 8:56 AM
    • 12,334 Posts
    • 14,144 Thanks
    pmlindyloo
    • 18th May 19, 8:56 AM
    • 18th May 19, 8:56 AM
    Just out of interest who was the letter from? The DWP or the tribunal?
    • calcotti
    • By calcotti 18th May 19, 1:31 PM
    • 2,436 Posts
    • 1,620 Thanks
    calcotti
    • 18th May 19, 1:31 PM
    • 18th May 19, 1:31 PM
    I have heard of a number of cases recently where DWP do appear to have reviewed an award once an appeal has been lodged. Would help if they made the right decision to start with (or at least took the MR seriously) however it's a step in the right direction, particularly given the very long waits that now exist to get to a tribunal.
    • UKTigerlily
    • By UKTigerlily 18th May 19, 1:55 PM
    • 4,473 Posts
    • 5,634 Thanks
    UKTigerlily
    • 18th May 19, 1:55 PM
    • 18th May 19, 1:55 PM
    Just out of interest who was the letter from? The DWP or the tribunal?
    Originally posted by pmlindyloo

The DWP, I guess they wrote to us both. Your appeal will not continue in bold, i'm guessing that is their response due by 13th
    • calcotti
    • By calcotti 18th May 19, 2:01 PM
    • 2,436 Posts
    • 1,620 Thanks
    calcotti
    • 18th May 19, 2:01 PM
    • 18th May 19, 2:01 PM
    The DWP, I guess they wrote to us both. Your appeal will not continue in bold, i'm guessing that is their response due by 13th
    Originally posted by UKTigerlily
    As soon as the decision being appealed is revised by the DWP the appeal lapses. You do however have the same appeal rights in respect of the new decision so if you disagreed with it you could request an MR and then take it to a fresh appeal if still not satisfied. This won't apply in your case because it sounds as if you now have what you wanted.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

35Posts Today

2,283Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • This is a very useful and interesting, factual piece about what the PM's new Brexit proposals mean and how new they? https://t.co/qM1bCz6FZp

• After two cancellations, I'm on the 3rd train back from Manch. Just heard its being rerouted as someone's taken tak? https://t.co/sRO4cvoWIw

• RT @helen_undy: It's hard campaigning at the moment. Trying to cut through amid Brexit votes, protests & political resignations can feel fu?

• Follow Martin