Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ChrisStaples
    • By ChrisStaples 18th May 19, 9:02 AM
    • 12Posts
    • 0Thanks
    ChrisStaples
    Part-Exchange
    • 18th May 19, 9:02 AM
    Part-Exchange 18th May 19 at 9:02 AM
    Hi All,
    We are in the process of buying a house that the current owners are part-exchanging with David Wilson Homes for their new build. Solicitor is getting jumpy because they will be going through the selling process without the property being transferred into David Wilson Homes' name. According to agents this is pretty standard practice but our solicitor cannot advise us to go with it in case something happens. Just want to check if there are many others out there who have gone through a similar process and emerged unscathed on the other side. They want to complete by their year-end at the end of June.

Ta in advance.
    Last edited by ChrisStaples; 18-05-2019 at 9:22 AM. Reason: inaccuracy
Page 1
    • davidmcn
    • By davidmcn 18th May 19, 9:09 AM
    • 11,220 Posts
    • 12,408 Thanks
    davidmcn
    • 18th May 19, 9:09 AM
    • 18th May 19, 9:09 AM
    our solicitor cannot advise us to go with it in case something happens.
    Originally posted by ChrisStaples
    What "something" are they concerned about?
    • ChrisStaples
    • By ChrisStaples 18th May 19, 9:11 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ChrisStaples
    • 18th May 19, 9:11 AM
    • 18th May 19, 9:11 AM
    I guess that completion does not go ahead..
    • davidmcn
    • By davidmcn 18th May 19, 9:22 AM
    • 11,220 Posts
    • 12,408 Thanks
    davidmcn
    • 18th May 19, 9:22 AM
    • 18th May 19, 9:22 AM
    I guess that completion does not go ahead..
    Originally posted by ChrisStaples
    Do they just mean because the timescales are linked to construction of the new house? That's because they're buying a newbuild, not something peculiar to it being a part-exchange.
    • ChrisStaples
    • By ChrisStaples 18th May 19, 9:34 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ChrisStaples
    • 18th May 19, 9:34 AM
    • 18th May 19, 9:34 AM
    I have no issue with the timescales, just that my solicitor has worries about the legal limbo of us going through the process of mortgage/deposit etc without DWH technically being in a position to sell/transfer the deed directly. Am sure it is above board and solicitor covering their backs as they have to. Only weird thing is that DWH solicitors doing everything to hold up the process despite being apparently desperate to complete (not releasing password for over 2 weeks for our solicitors to view search documents which have already been done by DWH).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

14Posts Today

3,163Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • This is a very useful and interesting, factual piece about what the PM's new Brexit proposals mean and how new they? https://t.co/qM1bCz6FZp

• After two cancellations, I'm on the 3rd train back from Manch. Just heard its being rerouted as someone's taken tak? https://t.co/sRO4cvoWIw

• RT @helen_undy: It's hard campaigning at the moment. Trying to cut through amid Brexit votes, protests & political resignations can feel fu?

• Follow Martin