* Rocking around the Christmas Tree * - It's the 2018 Christmas Chatter Thread

Comments

• Evening everyone,

VULPIX aww thankyou my lovely, yes I am much better now. Haha no I didn't think I would be singing down a phone :rotfl: he still makes my heart burst with love :D I hope your lesson went well with the young boy, yes message the lady I am sure she wont think anything about you touting for work. Hope your boiler is now sorted

04624181 sorry you are still in pain with your back its so debilitating isn't it? Good luck on the house sale front. I agree with you and PEPPAPIG about people making out they have the flu when it really is a cold, I have only had it once and I couldn't move. I hope DD is feeling a lot better, its really quite frightening when our kids are so ill

#103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,308 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Hi,the lesson with the young boy went very well.He is a sweetheart,a credit to his parents...and i know I can help him.He came with his Dad and we are all looking forward to getting cracking next week.I am making Dad come so he can learn what I do and carry on the rest of the time.

I messaged the Polish woman.She was pleased to hear from me:)I do have trouble with confidence at times.I think people don't like me:(

The boiler man will be coming back today with the part,hopefully.

0462 message me anytime,if I can help I would be glad to.

Nothing Christmassy at all to report,but I have DD1's birthday to think about.She tells me she is having a days holiday so her and BF can do an epic walk ending up at my house for "tea".I have also invited more people to a Chinese New Year evening.

with flu/bad cold discussion.I have had flu once,even my hair hurt.

Takke care Vx
     :
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    vulpix wrote: »
    Hi,the lesson with the young boy went very well.He is a sweetheart,a credit to his parents...and i know I can help him.He came with his Dad and we are all looking forward to getting cracking next week.I am making Dad come so he can learn what I do and carry on the rest of the time.

I messaged the Polish woman.She was pleased to hear from me:)I do have trouble with confidence at times.I think people don't like me:(

with flu/bad cold discussion.I have had flu once,even my hair hurt.

Takke care Vx

Great to hear the first meeting with the young chap went well, good idea about making his Dad attend too. And well done for messaging the Polish woman.

I think it's quite normal wondering if people like you / us - it's just many people seem to think there is some kind of shame or weakness in admitting it, so we end up all walking around worrying until someone says what they think and we all say 'oh thank goodness, I thought it was just me who felt / thought like that'

I know exactly what you mean about being so ill your hair hurts.

I caved in wilko today...two packs of gift tags for 20p :o:o Guess I'd better put them in my stash then off to the naughty corner for me.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    edited 26 January 2018 at 9:14PM
    Well said KERRI I think a lot of us do feel like that but put on a front. Mind you, in my case it's true, people don't like me, I don't like me much so it's not a surprise :D

Well done contacting your Polish lady VULPIX, she was probably worried about contacting you.

FREE, glad you've managed to shake off your lurgies, long may they stay away.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • Clumsy42
    Clumsy42 Posts: 166 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hi everyone. Don't think I've posted in weeks! Hope everyone is on the mend from all the nasty things going around.

It's my birthday on sunday. Had a takeaway indian tonight and will be going out for an italian on sunday. It'll be my 25th birthday and all I'll be doing is eating. :rotfl:Ah the rock and roll life of the chronically ill.

Have treated myself to a new phone though. My old one was about 4 years old and the battery was becoming useless so it made sense.

Got my cardiology appointment on tuesday (the one where I finally find out what my results really mean). Hope they actually try and solve my problem rather than fobbing me off with 'didn't find anything serious so get on with it'. I've been getting tightness in my chest (not serious, just mild discomfort) more and more recently. Would be nice if they could actually help. ;)

:wave:
    “In 900 years of time and space, I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important”
    - Eleventh Doctor
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    edited 26 January 2018 at 9:35PM
    Peppapig wrote: »
    Well said KERRI I think a lot of us do feel like that but put on a front. Mind you, in my case it's true, people don't like me, I don't like me much so it's not a surprise :D

Well we like you so you can't be that bad :p:D

Clumsy42 Happy Birthday for Sunday - that sounds like the perfect birthday - in my experience big nights on the town invariably end up with someone with their head down the loo, someone in tears and at least two people having an argument. A couple of years ago my birthday consisted of a yoga class followed by fish n chips. It was lovely. :D
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• StokieBecks
    StokieBecks Posts: 4,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Xmas Saver!
    Hi all

Been out for lunch today with one of my very few female friends as it is her birthday on Monday and said I would buy . Was nice to chatter for a while . Rare I am off on a Friday so was nice to do something with it.

Well we are almost through January. I agree the nights are starting to draw out a little bit now which does help
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
  • Evening everyone, no one has posted today at all :D I have had a nice quiet day today, and tomorrow DD2 and Thumper are coming over, and my god do I need a cuddle off of him :D

VULPIX oh I'm so glad the lesson went well with the boy and his dad, and you contacted the lady, I think we all feel like that with confidence, mine is I don't want people to think I am bothering them by phoning or messaging. Ooh a Chinese new year evening sounds fab!

KERRI I am surprised there are still Christmas bargains in the shops, I haven't left the house since 30th December so have missed everything :o

PEPPAPIG I don't believe that for one minute you are a lovely lady, we all like you very much :)

CLUMSY :bdaycake: HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR TOMORROW :bdaycake: Oh to be 25 again!! :D I hope you get your answers at your hospital appt.

STOKIEBECKS glad you had a lovely lunch with your friend
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Thanks KERRI and FREE ;)

Nothing Christmassy happening here but we've had the bedroom carpeted and bought a new bed and curtains which has been exciting, just the light shades to sort out now.

I've started my crafts for the year (one of my resolutions was to do more crafts). For January I've decorated big paper machier letters for the two little DGSs that spell out their names. This will be their third and second reincarnations respectively but I think this will be the last time unless I completely decoupage them next time as it's getting quite difficult to cover up the damage. I'm doing some little sewing projects for February (thanks to MURIE for finding the patterns) felt mice and fabric bunnies, then for March I think it will be upcycling a vintage wooden sewing box I bought ages ago and haven't done anything with.

Can't believe it's February next week but glad it is because I think January has been so dreary and dismal weather wise.

Only eleven months to go folks!
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • :bdaycake: Happy birthday Clumsy42 :bdaycake: Have a lovely day.

I spent my vouchers yesterday but discovered that one of them didn't have any balance on it! It was one of two £10 identical ones that I received for my birthday but I didn't receive the receipt to say that the gift card had been activated. It was the type that you buy at the supermarket but I don't know who gave me that particular one so can't go back to the person who gave me it. Don't think that they would have their till receipt anyway!
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family