Sashybo - Back Again

Options

Comments

• sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,503 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Got my work to order a size smaller in the maternity trousers so hopefully they will fit OK.

Now finished for my long weekend (5 days off) :j:j.

It's so cold here today, had to de-ice my car at 5:30am before leaving for work and hasn't really warmed up much all day. :(

MIL arriving soon but I really need a nap, so tired today. DH has done some housework so the house is looking good & he has chilli in the slow cooker for dinner. :beer: Will have it with baked potato & tortilla crisps, sour cream & bird's eye chillies. :drool:

Have made my PAD over on that thread today, always a nice thread to visit.

Cuddled up on the couch with my cats & blanket and browsing MSE for a while.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good luck getting rid of the last debt. Nice to see a fellow PAD fan over here.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • sashybo
    Options
    Hi Bobarella :hello: Thanks for visiting. Yes PAD has really been helpful in the past, it's something I always return to. :)

Not been up to much since last post, just pottering around and catching up with MIL. Scan is this afternoon & she is coming with DH & I as he is an only child so first grandchild for her. Fingers crossed everything is ok with the baby, looking forward to seeing her/him again.

Just going to jump over to the PAD thread to make my payment then have a browse around diary land for a bit.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,073, Car loan 2 £16,000, 0% CC1 £195. Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Congratulations on the baby, and making your PADs. I don't post on there very much but it has become a way of life for me - I break my debts into tiny percentages or smaller and just PAD away until I get rid, and daily put any pennies under 10p into a box to make bigger PADs on an irregular basis.

A first baby is exciting but try super-hard not to get carried away with the paraphenalia, or toys. Its really worth looking in the Charity Shops or finding NCT nearly-new sales for real bargains. Some things you only need for such a short period of time that its not worth spending much on them.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£345.00 (69%)    INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£070.00 (15%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

• Bobarella
    Options
    Loaning is good too. I lent my baby Bjorn out and had that back again. Then a friend gave me a bigger more back supporting version once DD was bigger. I still use it now occasionally. Someone gave me a material sling too but I couldn't get on with that.

• sashybo
    Options
    Hi Joeyjimbles, thanks for visiting & the advice on not getting carried away. :rotfl: I can see how easy it could be. Think my DH will be worse than me to be honest, he loves gadgets & will get overexcited at all the "stuff" you can buy for the baby. Will have to keep a tight reign on him. :rotfl:

PAD is a good habit to get into, I really find it worthwhile.:)

Good idea Bobarella, worth keeping in mind.

Scan went well, baby all healthy as far as they can tell. :j He or she was wriggling away & doing a forward roly-poly at one point too. :rotfl:

Got another 15p survey so only 70p more till £40 cash out on 0nep0ll. :j
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Glad babe was well, such a beautiful moment when you get to see who is in there!

• sashybo
    Options
    Hi Bob, yes it was lovely seeing the wee one, although difficult as he/she wouldn't stay still. :o

Went out for a wander today with DH & MIL round a local plant nursery. Not as much stuff in obviously due to the time of year but saw some shrub plants we were thinking of using for hedging in our front garden. Nice to see them in "real life" rather than on the computer screen. We need to measure etc and see how many plants we would need & how much it would cost. It's not a large area thankfully.

Do need to get out and do some weeding and pruning in the garden but the last few days have been so wet & miserable.

MIL has been busy knitting for the baby and so far we have 3 cardigans in various sizes and two hats that she brought up with her. :) She's currently working on a blanket and hoping to finish it before she goes home on Monday.

We went out for a biggish lunch but was very reasonably priced & MIL paid half as well which was very good of her. Will prob only need a light snack later rather than a big dinner.

Not up to much more, feeling quite tired today. Have some ironing to do but will see how I feel later.

Ordered a storage bag to keep our artifical Christmas tree in as it won't go back in the box and DH literally threw it into the cupboard where it lives. :eek: Was only £6.99 from the bay of e and had money in my p@yp@l account from surveys so it was kind of free. :j MIL was telling us how she makes FIL tie string around the Christmas tree box & squashes the tree in there. :eek: We were like, "eh we'll just buy this bag". :cool::D

Going to pop over to PAD to pay my usual £1 to the loan.
  • sashybo
    Options
    Hello all, just a quick update, heading for a shower shortly and then DH & I are taking MIL & my mum out for a late lunch/early dinner. DH found a 40% off voucher for Harvester so guess where we're going. :rotfl:

Have had a lazy morning so far but did finally get round to a job I've been meaning to do for ages. Bought clear anti-slip plastic liner from Ald! for my drawers/cupboards in the kitchen as saw friends of ours using it and thought Oh that looks good, keeps them cleaner and stops the insides of the drawers etc getting all marked. Now I probably bought the stuff about 2 or 3 months ago and sat it in the kitchen, where it has been looking at me ever since. :whistle:

Finally cleaned my kitchen drawers out (only have 3 & 2 are the deep kind which we keep our pots & pans in) and cut the liner to size in each drawer. Of course I hadn't bought enough for any of the cupboards. :doh: But at least the roll I bought has finally been used (apart from one odd sized off-cut, which might do one of the narrower cupboards I have). So will look out for more to at least do the cupboards with my oven trays etc & my plates but *this time* I'll put it in straight away rather than wait a few months. :rotfl::rotfl:

Might de-frost the freezer later if I have time (yes when we bought our new build the builders had put in a freezer that's not frost free :eek::eek: I haven't had one that you have to defrost for years and was totally horrified :(:rotfl:).

Also managed my ironing last night. :j Off to do my PAD before my shower.
  • sashybo
    Options
    Late lunch/early dinner went well last night and we all had a nice time. Didn't de-frost the freezer but will try and do that today instead.

MIL away home. :j Was nice to see her but nice to have the house back to ourselves.

Went to the chiropractor this morning but had to wait an extra half an hour because my chiro thought she started at 12 not 11. :o Met her just as I was leaving so went back in with her, at least I was seen straight away then. :) She wants to see me every month until the baby is born as pelvis is getting a bit unbalanced. Been going there for at least 10 years so trust her judgement.

Usually only go every 3 or 4 months and can claim the money back through work but only get £120 per year on the company sponsored level so might need to increase my level and pay £15 out of my wage every 4 weeks. Need to work out if it's worth it, appointments are £35 a time though :eek: so may well be better paying the £15.

Need to get some shopping done today and take my car to get washed. Will do that with DH when he gets back from the airport. Would like to get some weeding/tidying up done in the garden but it keeps raining and don't really want to get soaked.:o

Got 2 more 0nepoll surveys today so only 50p left until cashout. :j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback