Former_MSE_Wendy
Former_MSE_Wendy Posts: 929 Forumite
I've been Money Tipped! Newshound! PPI Party Pooper Best Buy Bear
edited 17 April 2012 at 2:05PM in Insurance & life assurance
articlealert.gif
This discussion is specifically for you to feedback on
Comparethemarket's Insurance Comparison
Please first read the

Click 'post reply' to have your say and let us know if it's about home or car cover

To discuss other issues please use one of the following:

Car Insurance
Home Insurance Feedback
*** Get the Martin's Money Tips Free E-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips ***

Comments

• chouchou
    chouchou Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Again, not triffick ! questions are irrelevant in places and relevant ones not asked... I reckon just a ploy to pass your details around.... VERY disappointed :confused:
  • birdruth
    Options
    I've tried on 2 separate occasions to get quotes, but there are bugs on the page and I can't complete the forms.

Infuriating. And there's no phone number to get advice or help.

Would not recommend
  • Linedanger
    Options
    Looking for Home insurance
    Went through the questionairre on Comparethe market, and it gave me about a dozen quotes, cheapest £176.
    Then on a second window did the same on Money supermarket, which gave me about 30 quotes, cheapest about £130.
    While I was going through the 2nd quote, I was phoned by someone from Meerkat who said she had other quotes and could put me through to someone right now.
    I told her where to go and continued with supermarket, where I finished up with Churchill, because of the extra disc, because I have my car insured with them.
    £135 from a 'reputable' company

Didn't like meerkat tactics /.';.]#'#'
  • SES
    SES Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    With Comparethemarket I could not get 9 year to claims protected
  • bartman
    bartman Posts: 324 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Linedanger wrote: »
    While I was going through the 2nd quote, I was phoned by someone from Meerkat who said she had other quotes and could put me through to someone right now.

Whichever comparison site I use, I make a point of never giving my real phone number.
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    bartman wrote: »
    Whichever comparison site I use, I make a point of never giving my real phone number.

I just put a duff tel number in as well.
  • shanusmaximus
    Options
    I couldn't get past the first page either, added my details and my house details 3 times, whenever I clicked next it just reset all the fields and made me want to break things.

Not going back!
  • Oscar_The_Grouch
    Options
    Have a look at the small print on the first page of their website. It confirms they are a trading name for BISL Limited. BISL used to be known to everyone as "Budget Insurance Services Limited".

I've had many run-ins with Budget in the past and the failure of their systems (including a broken electronic fax program that they had no back-up for, resulting in claims not being notified to insurers). Whether Compare are any better, I wouldn't like to say. Posts on this thread would seem to indicate that most people aren't impressed.
    In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and was widely regarded as a bad move.
    The late, great, Douglas Adams.
  • jeremyambles
    Options
    I just put a duff tel number in as well.

Yep, I've made the mistake in the past of giving my real number only to find a week later that I'm getting 5 phone calls a day from different companies. Now I just type in 01234567891.

Jeremy
  • NEWBURY_IMP
    Options
    I would like to warn others, so they dont have the same experience as I have had today.
    Got a home insurance quote from Compare the Market on 09/09/10 ready for my renewal date of 01/10/10. Went onto site this morning to retrieve and purchase -only to find the quote no longer available, and the replacement quote from another company is exactly 100% more expensive. In my experience most quotes are valid for 90 days - but at the very least I would expected it to have lasted until my renewal date.
    Please be aware.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport