Insure4Retirement - Your Feedback

124»

Comments

• as previous threads I completed all the questions and applied--their site crashed and they wanted me to phone...back to comparison site for me.
  • bb0118
    bb0118 Posts: 18 Forumite
    Unable to offer a quote...

well that's 10 mins of my life im not gonna get back....
  • hilp97
    hilp97 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 21 April 2018 at 5:00PM
    Recently went through your link to these for a home insurance quote. Requested no calls but have been relentlessly pestered by them ever since - 3 times yesterday plus a voicemail (silent). The quote was far higher than others too. You asked for feedback on this company so hope this is useful to you.
  • IB7529
    IB7529 Posts: 1 Newbie
    They STINK
    I have had to fight for the promised Amazon voucher for over 2 months now, each phone call they break another promise.
    What would they be like if I had to make a claim.
  • Although I did have to ring in at the end of the process, the result was that I was able to increase my cover and halve the price I was paying for my home and content insurance. I'm in Grade listed II building and the insurance is horrendous compared to regular houses - so it was a pleasant surprise to come across a company offering more reasonable rates.

The contact centre person I dealt with was also very good and in a couple of categories was able to increase the insurance cover at no additional cost to me, so this one is worth ringing in for I think - but to get the Amazon voucher start off the process online - then it has the correct code in their system.
  • Hi, MSE asking for our experiences regarding title heading. Applied for quote from Insure4Retirement and was very disappointed in their quotation given. £12.00 more a month for nothing extra. Last years quote from Budget went up by £50 a year and is still better than this new quote.
  • msrlh
    msrlh Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I'm disappointed with them. I followed the link in the MSE article and there is an issue with their website so after filling in tons of very detailed information, I could go no further because one of the answer buttons was unresponsive. I called them - was told they have heard no other reports of problems with their website. I was offered only the opportunity of getting a phone quote. I raised that this would probably be more expensive than an online quote and he agreed it probably would be. I asked for an email to report the technical issue and he spent ages 'trying to find the email address' and then gave me a standard customer services email address.
    I have emailed them about the bug but after reading this thread I expect that even if the website is fixed and I'm able to get a quote, it won't be competitive.
    Really not impressed with them.
  • I wish that I had read previous posts re Insure4retirement before being subjected to the laborious process of completing their online questionnaire only for it to 'bomb' at the very end.

I repeated the process on various days using two different browsers only to finally ring the telephone number quoted in the error message given at the end of the abortive exercise.

I spoke to a lady and explained what had happened and she put me on hold while she left to have a conversation with the website team (or so she said). After a few minutes she returned and , after apologising for the delay, advised me that I was the only person to have experienced this problem but that she could give me a quote over the telephone.

I replied that I would only do this if, having decided to proceed with a policy, I would still qualify for the £60 Amazon Voucher ( I now learn that this had been £75 a while ago).

As I anticipated the response was in the negative and the lady, whilst civil, tried to talk over me when I voiced (politely) my frustration. I was having none of this and in turn asserted myself and managed to finally give my observations about the online process.

I was again told that I was the only person to experience any problems.

For the record, I have subsequently repeated the process using two more browsers and (surprise, surprise) have encountered the same 'brick wall'.

I have only now read the feedback from others which , in the main, indicate a very expensive organisation; reference is also made to the useless link given here.

To anyone intending to use the aforementioned link I would say this: "DON'T BOTHER !"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure