Affect Energy Reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• I moved to Affect Energy in February, on their 12-month fixed rate. They are a great company to deal with (their phone is answered by a REAL PERSON who is polite and helpful), the switch went through without problems. The only downside is that they don't support smart meters yet, so my British Gas monitor sits unlit on the shelf and I have to give monthly readings through their website. Overall would recommend them.
  • I too switched to Affect last March. Switch process was easy and Affect handled it properly. Old supplier proved true to experience and took until June (3 phone calls and several emails later) to work out final bill in spite of Affect giving the meter reading on date of switch. I cannot fault Affect to date. Would recommend them totally. :T
  • We moved to Affect Energy in May and everything went smoothly and get email reminders to take a monthly meter reading. Plus I recently got in touch as I thought it might be better to switch to a different rate, and got a really easy to understand reply - I'm truly loving this company, and love that you can do it all online, unlike my experience with SSE as my postcode is known as a PES border postcode,
    this means that the postcode borders 2 different supply areas so they won't let me do changes online, unlike Affect Energy! :j
  • I switched to Affect when the MSE fix with British Gas ran out in February and everything has gone smoothly. They are refreshing people to deal with. The only thing I do not like (though it is common practice) is that although I give them meter readings every month, they charge me a twelfth of their estimated annual bill, instead of the bill for my actual usage, as British Gas did. The result is that they currently hold £580 of my money, which I would prefer to be in my own bank account! I'll have to see what deal they offer me when the contract runs out next February.
  • Hi Frugaljack
    Have a word with the support crew about cutting your monthly DD and ask for a refund of some or all of your overpayment, be aware though that as the weather gets colder your usage may rise so you may want to keep some credit on your account.
  • m0bov
    m0bov Posts: 2,523 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Looks like i might be moving to them soon!
  • I have just renewed with Affect Energy for another 12 months and I'm on the Fixed Saver October 2018 tariff - one of the cheapest quoted by the MSE Cheap Energy Club in October 2017.
    Highly recommended.

.:beer:
  • tecstar
    tecstar Posts: 49 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Peter_O wrote: »
    I have just renewed with Affect Energy for another 12 months and I'm on the Fixed Saver October 2018 tariff - one of the cheapest quoted by the MSE Cheap Energy Club in October 2017.
    Highly recommended.

.:beer:

I am hoping their tariff stays low so I will also renew in a coupel of months. Very happy customer.
  • tecstar
    tecstar Posts: 49 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I am coming up for renewal and a quick check shows a small saving to be made, but I think I might stick with Affect as i have been very pleased with their service this year. Anyone else?
  • tecstar wrote: »
    I am coming up for renewal and a quick check shows a small saving to be made, but I think I might stick with Affect as i have been very pleased with their service this year. Anyone else?

I got my renewal email yesterday and they still seem fairly cheap, although prices have gone up, have been looking at the unit rates. I was considering switching to Bulb Energy, they are cheaper for gas but not electricity when compared to Affect.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure