Frump to Fab 2018 - Fabulous Dahhhhlings

Comments

• sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hello Ladies,

My watchword for 2018 is going to be Serenity

I am going to have a lot of patience with all of the paperwork that I have to complete for my ESA claim and with the Doctors in my Surgery. Once my medical certificate and my Health Assessment form have been processed, I am expecting to be told that I have not scored enough points to continue my ESA claim.

I am annoyed that the lead Doctor in my surgery was supposed to give me a call today to give me the results of my blood tests I had done in early December. He assumed that the other Doctor from the surgery who had called me yesterday had also discussed the blood test results with me, so he removed me from his call back list. The other Doctor had called me about a referral she had made for me to complete a 12 week medically supervised exercise and nutrition course in 2018. I had to hold onto my temper when the receptionist told me that I would now have to wait until Monday 8th January to find out my results and to get an appointment with the Doctor. :( I need to know if I have arthritis and if I do, what type of arthritis I have. I had the blood tests in early December, but when the results came back to my surgery, no one thought to let me know the results.

As a result of the Doctor's error, I had to phone ESA to explain the situation. I sat in the phone queue for 40 minutes, before I got to speak to a young man who was very helpful. :)

2018 has started off quite well for me despite these irritations and my continuing health issues. I bought my 1st purchases of 2018 in Superdrug, Poundland, Tesco Direct and eBay. I got myself 2 new Very Jumpers from Littlewoods Clearance via eBay for vastly reduced prices. They look very good on me, even better than I anticipated and are very well made of good quality materials. I also bought myself a half price 4 wheel super light suitcase from Tesco Direct, as I needed one now I am having mobility problems when pulling my 2 wheeled lightweight suitcase. I am having a girly weekend with my sisters in Birmingham in February which I am really looking forward to. :D

I have so many gifts in my storage boxes to give to family and friends in 2018 for birthdays that I have very little storage space left. :D I have also bought presents for my son's 18th birthday and started wrapping them, so that I can spread the cost of the 18 birthday presents I intend to buy him. The birthday presents are being stored in an empty suitcase until June. I am wrapping them to avoid my son accidentally coming across them.

I have theatre tckets for 2 productions in February and 3 Groupon restaurant vouchers to use with my daughter in early 2018. :D

I intend to remind myself to fab myself up, every time I am leaving my home regardless of whether I am just going to my local shops or going to a restaurant or other event.

My main goal in 2018 is to lose weight for health reasons primarily, but secondly because I want to look and feel better. I want to remain debt free and I also want to try to ensure that when I am spending money that I do my best to ensure that I am doing so as wisely as possible. I was part of the Wombling Thread last year and so I know I made total savings of £14,563. Only shame is that I do not have that money in a savings account :rotfl:
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 3 January 2018 at 8:03PM
    Great watchword SUgarbaby. Hope you get those health issues sorted soon. I know you will do everything in your power to get strong and healthy again. I just hope the DWP and NHS don’t mess you about.

Shortly after my husband died I decided that I would make “serenity” my mantra. I knew that chasing happiness would be an impossible task but I could aim for contentment and serenity. It served me well. I learned to look for small pleasures, my garden, a sunset, a walk in the park stopping to sit on a bench and watch the world go by, a cup of coffee in a favourite cafe, curling up with a book or a dvd. Small things, but they helped heal my broken heart.

Just finished my ironing, sorted out my jewellery and the rest my toiletries and clothes. Going to have some supper, watch a bit of tv and have an earlyish night.
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    sugar that’s amazing savings. It just goes to show that there are bargains out there.
  • sugarbaby125
    Hello LL and Chanie,

LL Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe is one of my all time favourite films. :D I have watched it every time it has been televised. :D I have also seen both versions of the film Sabrina and enjoyed both of them. I love female centric films, especially if they have strong, multi layered female characters in the film that the viewer can easily identify with.

I want to start my 1st thread to keep track of my spending habits, but am not sure how to start it. Could you explain what I need to do please?

There is no Wombling Thread for 2018, so I will just have to start my own thread. I make wiser spending decisions when I am recording them and I am also able to track how much I am saving with my personal choices.

Chanie, most of my really huge savings on purchases were when I was shopping on eBay, but everything adds to the final total, roadkill, free tickets to films and other events and being 'treated' to restaurant meals. My son is in a local sixth form and he is now entitled to and receiving free school meals. MSE Threads and the weekly newsletter is always giving me ideas on how to spend my available money wisely.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,580 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    What you need to do Sugarbaby is this. Go to the Forum Jump on the right and choose the board you want your thread to appear on. When you've got to that board and all the existing threads are listed you'll see a New Thread tab at the top left of the thread list. Click on that and from there it's quite self explanatory. You give it a title and do your first post and you're off! Hope that helps.
  • lessonlearned
    edited 4 January 2018 at 8:18AM
    SUgarbaby.....look forward to reading your new thread.......you are one serious money saver.

I shall be picking your brains.......

I think I must be too excited to sleep. Have been awake since just gone 6. :rotfl: Going to finish packing because I will probably need a sofa day tomorrow to keep my leg elevated after my steroid injection

I shall use the enforced rest time wisely, giving myself a manicure and pedicure. :D I also have a bit of handsewing to keep me occupied.

I have a couple of visitors coming too. A friend for coffee in the morning and then DS1and DIL early evening.

DIL has been having a rotten pregnancy so far as you know, with a lot of sickness. Apparently she has had a couple of better days this week so hopefully the worst is over now.
  • maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,985 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Sugarbaby, I too look forward to reading your new thread, I have been meaning to thank you for your tip-off about the M&S thermal tops on "the bay", I bought one of the ones with a lace type panel and sleeves to wear under more fitted tunics and dresses, liked it so much managed to get another one.

LL- I don't think that I would be sleeping either:D I do hope that your dear DIL is coming to the end of the extreme sickness.

I cannot get a word to fit my aims for 2018, so I think I will have to settle for a shortish phrase, will continue to think on it, I really want to work at being the best I can be with my health issues using diet, excercise, relaxation and doing things that bring me joy:D
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • lessonlearned
    maddiemay wrote: »
    Sugarbaby, I too look forward to reading your new thread, I have been meaning to thank you for your tip-off about the M&S thermal tops on "the bay", I bought one of the ones with a lace type panel and sleeves to wear under more fitted tunics and dresses, liked it so much managed to get another one.

LL- I don't think that I would be sleeping either:D I do hope that your dear DIL is coming to the end of the extreme sickness.

I cannot get a word to fit my aims for 2018, so I think I will have to settle for a shortish phrase, will continue to think on it, I really want to work at being the best I can be with my health issues using diet, excercise, relaxation and doing things that bring me joy:D

????

Yes I can.

Or

Simply the best.

Or

Replenish

Or

Rejuvenate

Or

Revive

I’ll get me coat........:rotfl:
  • Morning Everyone,

Sorry if i don't comment on everyone's post, things are a little hectic at the moment and i just about have time to catch up.

Sashybo another one who doesn't mind baby talk, I expect most of us remember those days well, even if they are some years ago and LL I think gave some really good advice in her post. I 'spoilt' my 3 rotten and they've all turned out great, so just do what feels right for you and your LO.

Sugarbaby Cant wait to read you new thread, can you post a link when it is up and running please.

Really jealous of those lucky peeps about to go on holiday, I've got to wait until April, but hope you have a wonderful time. I could really do with a little sunshine to lift my spirits.

On the fabbing front....well it is proving hard to get into on these dark, wet and miserable mornings, although I have managed hair, make up and perfume each morning I am still feeling a little frumpy as I need to shift some weight and my skin is very dry at the moment despite drowning myself in moisturiser (I think the central heating doesn't help).

On the plus side, I have made a meal plan and so far sticking to it and although its early days in terms of any weight loss, I am starting to feel a little less sluggish after Christmas indulgences.

Has anyone tried Pilates? I heard and interesting piece about it on the radio and thought I might give it a go. I really need to do some exercise but have decided I don't enjoy the gym, so I'm not going to bother going, life is to short to persevere with something that I just dont seem to like anymore. I do enjoy walking and cycling (think more Miss Marple pootling along than Laura Trott) but thought I might give Pilates a try.
    Well Behaved women seldom make history

Early retirement goal... 2026

Reduce, reuse, recycle .
  • sugarbaby125
    maman wrote: »
    What you need to do Sugarbaby is this. Go to the Forum Jump on the right and choose the board you want your thread to appear on. When you've got to that board and all the existing threads are listed you'll see a New Thread tab at the top left of the thread list. Click on that and from there it's quite self explanatory. You give it a title and do your first post and you're off! Hope that helps.

Thank you Maman, I have started my new thread :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport