April 2013 Swagbucks Challenge

Comments

• miwa
    miwa Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    Here are the Trolley thread's codes:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4547635

I think it'd be a good idea to have a mix of acronyms with some secret spy code sh*t, like they did with 'Womble'. We could have a theme, like that, or use gonad, pelvic floor exercise, wool, etc or one of the many in-jokes of the thread, as long as we all decide on it, understand and agree. It's no use speaking in code if no one understands you - that'd just be speaking in tongues.

We need codes for any glitches. Can anyone foresee any?

Let's go over some glitches we know happen. I'll start...

1. Videos multi-crediting;
    2. Special Offers crediting without going through the process entirely;
    3. ...
  • dolphin19
    dolphin19 Posts: 1,055 Forumite
    Got 10SB for toad in the hole.

thanks dolphin!

Code worked even though early too.

lol 7sb for "how to make toad in the hole" thanks to Paul!!!
  • dolphin19
    Finally got 84/80 have been online much of the day due to being poorly!
  • mrsyardbroom
    mrsyardbroom Posts: 1,946 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    miwa wrote: »
    For some people this is just a way to make fun money, maybe for a present they want to give themselves, but for some Swagbucks is a necessary evil to pay off debts or buy stuff for the kids they wouldn't ordinarily have

It's really helpful to join other sites as well as Swagbucks if you're using the income to pay off debts etc. I use the money I earn from various sites to pay fro my dogs' keep. I couldn't afford to keep them otherwise. From past experience sites like Swagbucks can disappear overnight. If you're relying too much on the money from one site it can be a bitter blow. I've been there and done that so now I earn money from lots of different sites and spread the load. That way if one goes down then you still have all the rest. It also puts Swagbucks into perspective if it's just one site among many.
    Don't mess with pensioners. :cool:
  • dolphin19
    miwa wrote: »
    Here are the Trolley thread's codes:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4547635

I think it'd be a good idea to have a mix of acronyms with some secret spy code sh*t, like they did with 'Womble'. We could have a theme, like that, or use gonad, pelvic floor exercise, wool, etc or one of the many in-jokes of the thread, as long as we all decide on it, understand and agree. It's no use speaking in code if no one understands you - that'd just be speaking in tongues.

We need codes for any glitches. Can anyone foresee any?

Let's go over some glitches we know happen. I'll start...

1. Videos multi-crediting;
    2. Special Offers crediting without going through the process entirely;
    3. ...

Bloomin'heck that's a complicated thread!:eek:
  • dolphin19
    A few fisher tasks are out if anyone's struggling.
  • miwa
    miwa Posts: 1,512 Forumite
    It's really helpful to join other sites as well as Swagbucks if you're using the income to pay off debts etc. I use the money I earn from various sites to pay fro my dogs' keep. I couldn't afford to keep them otherwise. From past experience sites like Swagbucks can disappear overnight. If you're relying too much on the money from one site it can be a bitter blow. I've been there and done that so now I earn money from lots of different sites and spread the load. That way if one goes down then you still have all the rest. It also puts Swagbucks into perspective if it's just one site among many.

Absolutely. Personally I have talked about other sites in the past but you know, you can't force others to join or leave (not that I want to) and even telling people what they don't want to hear is hard - that the site they have spent months cultivating is essentially cr*p and cheating people out of money by screaming BOT!!! or taking over 80% commission from outside survey sources. Let alone the newbies who have barely got to grips with SB who can't even fathom starting all over again elsewhere.

I think SB was designed only to be used as a fun-time money maker and not as a serious financial endevour, which is really why the cracks show for some of us but not for others.

However, it's not as if Swagbucks is 'free money' - the phrase I keep on hearing associated with it. We all work d*mn hard for what we get and we deserve it. If we can help each other with shortcuts like keeping glitches alive then I fully support it, whether it helps someone casually involved or deeply invested.
  • dolphin19
    tbh I work full-time so don't have time to use other sites and I find I can fit in sb whilst doing my college work in the evening but when my job ends (July probably) I will definitely be trying other sites!
  • spiritwood
    spiritwood Posts: 992 Forumite

you are right and that i think is why there was a mass exodus from here. most of us went to dooyoo and are doing well over there. i am earning more on there than i ever did on swagbucks. others are on multiple sites and have scaled down their swagbucks use because of the problems on site and the lack of customer support. think the last straw was the big facebook hoohah when the yank came on and was v rude. but yep, multi sites is way to go, most pay more than swagbucks anyway
    Originally Posted by easylife73:

Totally enjoyed your glittery fanjo spiritwood...and how totally wrong does THAT sound??!
  • dolphin19
    How does dooyoo work? I had a look and it looks like you just do reviews.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure