Where can i sell my VHS tapes / cassettes ?

Basically i've got loadsa video tapes and cassettes at home and i was wondering if i could get rid of them for money rather than just throw them out. Does anyone know where i could sell them. Hopefully looking for 20+ per item.

Thanks in advance
MSE allowed me to see the light

Comments

• Antispam
    Antispam Posts: 6,636
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    What do you mean 20+ per item?

Few people want either now you will be lucky to get anything unless its very rare
  • taxi97w
    taxi97w Posts: 1,526
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Car-boot sale
    more dollar$ than sense
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,027
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    Check Amazon if you have any obscure VHS tapes where the programmes were never released on DVD, I have sold a couple in the past year for over £10. If they are basically just popular movies you might as well freecycle them or dump them not even charity shops want them anymore.

The same applies to casettes, the odd ones can still be worth money on Amazon, maybe only a fe wpence, but the rest will be difficult to shift anywhere.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • DKLS
    DKLS Posts: 13,459
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    The going rate at the last car boot I went to was 10 for a pound.
  • Lethal
    Lethal Posts: 299 Forumite
    I read somewhere on here but i lost the link that theres firm which buy in bulk old vhs tapes. Does anyone know that website?
    MSE allowed me to see the light
  • jaynemaria
    jaynemaria Posts: 537 Forumite
    Be interesting to see if anyone can come up with ideas, but I doubt it somehow.

I took a load to a car boot sale, box sets, childrens and music and had them at 10 for £1.00 and never sold any.
  • Poppycat
    Poppycat Posts: 19,913
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Tried in a car boot late Spring no one was interested
  • bluffer
    bluffer Posts: 528
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    it does depend on the film.

amazon will give you an idea ie if you see 200 sellers at 1p then give them to your local charity shop. if they are foreign language films or sport you may be able to sell them for a pound or more.
    2023 wins - zilch, nada, big fat duck. quack quack,
  • Antispam
    Antispam Posts: 6,636
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    What like !!!!!! ;)
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,124
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Lethal wrote: »
    Hopefully looking for 20+ per item.
    20p, presumably...

(Actually, video tapes have one feature over DVDs: they have a builtin memory of where you watched them up to the last time.)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure