Options
2»

Comments

• HelenR_3
    HelenR_3 Posts: 193 Forumite
    Options
    sportbeth wrote:
    Hmmmmm They've come back with this

"I can organise a payment book to be sent to you to be paid in the post office
    but this will not get to you to make your first payment within 7 days. The post
    office do also make a charge for using their facility approx £1.65 to £2.00.

As stated previously there is no standing order facility that can be arranged."

I had said send me the book and I will pay it directly into that account online.

Is there any difference between the post office doing this and paying it via my bank?

if the payment book has there sort code and acc number on it , make a note , lob the book away and set up a regular payment from your on line banking :cool:
    Keep on keeping on... :beer:
  • sportbeth
    sportbeth Posts: 621 Forumite
    Options
    That' what I was thinking of doing but what if they deny recieving it?
  • HelenR_3
    Options
    sportbeth wrote:
    That' what I was thinking of doing but what if they deny recieving it?

print out a record of the transaction everytime you do it on line
  • sportbeth
    Options
    I might be being naive, is the reason why they're trying to stop me doing that just laziness on their part (i.e.checking payments coming in, online as opposed to proof being forwarded from the post office) or is it that they are just being awkward?
  • HelenR_3
    Options
    sportbeth wrote:
    I might be being naive, is the reason why they're trying to stop me doing that just laziness on their part (i.e.checking payments coming in, online as opposed to proof being forwarded from the post office) or is it that they are just being awkward?

awkward

GUARENTEED

:mad:
  • Xbigman
    Xbigman Posts: 3,884 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    They want you to pay by direct debit for lots of reasons. Their admin being cheaper is trumpeted but its a minor benefit. If a DD bounces they can put it through again and keep doing it until it goes through so they get their money, and they love it because they can charge you each time it fails and make even more out of you (and the banks love it because they charge you too). This is all completely legal. On the dodgy (but just legal) side they can muck about with the DD totals, like you have already seen they can stick odd charges onto any payment. They can also play the old trick of revueing your payments up, and they don't want to worry you with the details so they hold the revue without you. (I'm serious).

Never pay by DD. Can you get a friend or relative to write a cheque and you pay them in cash? That seems the easiest way forward to me. If you have to pay by postal order then do it because the small charge you have to pay is nothing compared to what you could be stung for.
    Regards

X
    Xbigman's guide to a happy life.

Eat properly
    Sleep properly
    Save some money
  • sportbeth
    Options
    RRRReeeesult!

Just spoken to the woolwich and they have reopened my account and are sending a cheque book out to me in the post (for anyone who doesn't know, the reason I got into debt was after my ex-employer didn't pay me for 3 months and after holding out for payment, he gave me a rubber cheque, closed the offices and resigned from the company saying if anyone took him to court he would counter sue for libel)

Anyway, I had £500 of bank charges with the woolwich which they last week refunded and they've just re-opened my account (after I sent a strongly worded letter when they said they wouldn't)

So I can send a cheque to these sheisters, and work my way through the rest of the people I should have paid.

I'm still behind on few debts (well wouldn't you be if you were 2 months down on pay and £3,000 behind yourself???!)

Many thanks for all your help guys.
  • Thefunkygibbons
    Options
    Excellent news

Have you finished chasing the old boss

A rubber cheque is a matter of fact, not libel
  • sportbeth
    Options
    That's a tough one. The cheques came from his wife's bank account (he had been bankrupt before andI only knew this after I worked for him) The bank then in their wisdom said they sent the rubber cheque back to me and I never got it, either the Royal Mail's error or the bank's.

He was very sly, wife wrote the cheques, him and his 3 brothers resigned from the company in December although I and a number of people can vouch for the fact that I worked for him, I don't know if it is worth wasting the County court money because according to companies house, it's perfectly reasonable to resign as a director and not be liable for the debt of the company.

I would think he should still be liable.... i have a contract of employment etc and a number of bits of company e-mails etc but don't know if it is worth it.

Plus I gather he is a bit of a leg breaker and my other half wants me to just let it rest...
  • Thefunkygibbons
    Options
    One way of chasing might be through the minimum wage people

They will pick up a case on your behalf, and I think they do it anonymously

Off to google, you should go
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts