Sky standard broadband order errors and stitched up contracts

Hello
I live in new build area and no fibre here.so I left with sky standard 2 mbps broadband speed line.

Ordered sky broadband with line rental online. On the day of installation they just installed phone line and saying no broadband ordered online just phone line placed in order.
Then I did my own investigation n spotted website technical error it accept's broadband order with line rental and displace only phone line in final sheet of order. I highlighted this to useless text chat only customer care option to discuss via text. I asked them to ensure broadband is in same order and don't create 2 separate order or accounts.

Problem;
They set up phone line in 15th June and thereafter they said router will be delivered separately. Today online messages on my account says broadband will be active on 29th June .

Hope someone can help my query if anyone had similar problem.

Question
1. Do u think skky purposely postponed my broadband order by 15 days so that I cannot cancel telephone line beyond my 14 days cooling off period?
2. Is there any chance for sky to charge me £18.99 line rental and broadband £18.99 pm. Actually as per advertisement it is broadband and line rental together £18.99 pm .
3. If contact goes well.....I may be 15 days short to end contract after 12 months term

Currently I am waiting for router delivery n broadband activation

Please suggest me what to do

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    1. No

2. There's a chance the world will end tomorrow. Either wait for the bill or ask Sky (BTW it's £18 a month for both at the moment).

3. Does that matter in the grand scheme of things?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure