Not being charged for broadband.

I have a billing problem with my broandband/telephone. Its in my favour but still worried.

I took out broandband/telephone with a big supplier 12months ago. It was £30 a month. There was no introductory rate. When I took it out, I requested an extra service on the phone. However they failed to add the extra to my account. I contacted them and they added the extra service to my account for 50p a month.

First bill comes and it is only for 50p. Second bill only 50p. So I contact them and point out the mistake and they apologise and say they will sort it out. Next bill comes 50p.

Anyway 12 months later I am still paying 50p a month for my broadband/telephone. I have contacted customer services twice. Both times told it would be sorted. Still 50p. I have even made an official complaint and told that they won't chase me for the money as it is their error and the problem is sorted. Yet I am still only being billed 50p a month.

I am tired of trying to convince them to take my money and short of putting £30 in an envelope and posting it to them, I am not sure what else I can do.

My question is, if they ever work out the error, what happens? It is their error and I have tried three times to get them to take the right amount. I am worried about being given a huge bill. I also worried about being cut off for non-payment.

If anyone has any ideas would be very grateful.

Comments

• Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Why not put £29.50 in a savings account every month. That way, if they do ask you for the money, you will be able to pay.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    mrcol1000 wrote: »
    My question is, if they ever work out the error, what happens? I am worried about being given a huge bill. I also worried about being cut off for non-payment.

You won't get cut off.
    You will have to pay the arrears eventually, though,

Why are you "worried" about a huge bill?

Haven't you been putting the correct money aside each month?
    Why have you contacted them only three times about 12+ incorrect bills? You surely should query every incorrect bill?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I have contacted customer services twice. Both times told it would be sorted. Still 50p. I have even made an official complaint and told that they won't chase me for the money as it is their error and the problem is sorted. Yet I am still only being billed 50p a month.

Do you have that in writing? If so there's nothing to worry about.

If you are sticking with them send them a recorded delivery letter (and perhaps a follow up email) advising them of the circumstances.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Big Supplier ?? who would that be .
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Do you have that in writing?
    I very much doubt the OP has received anything in writing to that effect.
  • mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Why have you contacted them only three times about 12+ incorrect bills? You surely should query every incorrect bill?

I have a terminal progressive disease, so I have better things to do with my life than convince a big company to take my money.
  • Chino
    Chino Posts: 2,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    so I have better things to do with my life than convince a big company to take my money.
    But in your first post you claimed to be worried about the situation.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure