Best time to apply for multiple cards

Hi all,

As the title says, when is the best time to apply for multiple cards in succession? evening, weekend? What have been your experiences?

Thanks,

Comments

• Vortigern
    Vortigern Posts: 3,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    There's long thread on multiple applications at:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5459702

I'd suggest that you don't apply outside of normal business/banking hours because it might not be possible for the CC company to reach the CRAs to check your ID and your credit files.
  • SuzieSue
    SuzieSue Posts: 4,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    I don't think it matters. I have applied for multiple cards during the week and at weekends with no difference in acceptance rates.
  • Ebe_Scrooge
    Ebe_Scrooge Posts: 7,320 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I would ask the question, why are you wanting to apply for multiple cards in quick succession ? It's one of two things - either you're wanting to get the best APR - which is irrelevant if you're using credit cards properly, and paying them off in full each month. Or else, you're struggling, and hoping to live off multiple credit cards for a while. If the latter, then that's a very bad idea, and you really need to be heading over to the DFW board for advice.
  • SuzieSue
    SuzieSue Posts: 4,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    I would ask the question, why are you wanting to apply for multiple cards in quick succession ? It's one of two things - either you're wanting to get the best APR - which is irrelevant if you're using credit cards properly, and paying them off in full each month. Or else, you're struggling, and hoping to live off multiple credit cards for a while. If the latter, then that's a very bad idea, and you really need to be heading over to the DFW board for advice.

I assume it is for stoozing as he has posted on the Stoozing sub board.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure