New Journey

I have been hanging around the diaries for around a month , decided to subscribe a get rid of the debt once and for all. I had a dmp which ended 3 years ago but owing to a drop in salary have managed to get myself in around 5 k debt again. Once I have Jan statements for credit card will be able to tell true figures.

I have signed up for swag bucks today and done a couple of surveys. Need to do SOA , but not sure how much to put in categories like household repairs for one .

Any help filling it in gratefully received.

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,077
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    Where is the SOA please ?
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,461
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Ambassador
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,461
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Ambassador
    Good luck on your journey. I would ditch the credit cards so you are not tempted to use them and get stuck in this never ending cycle of debt.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Good luck with your goals Cumbrialass.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • System
    Community Admin
    Do you think it's better to clear all credit card debt and save an emergency fund at the same time or clear the debts first ?

Thanks bobarella and enthusiastic saver .
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I'd say get all the CC on 0% first then save an emergency fund whilst doing card mins at first.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,688
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hi Cumbria Lass, if you can't get the debt to 0% card go for a fixed interest rate.t Good luck with your debt busting. Have subscribed.
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • System
    Community Admin
    My biggest balance is on 0% for another 36 months, going to get another for the last amount but still awaiting Jan statement.

My downfall is I never have any savings so holidays, new white goods all end up on credit card, thats why I want a emergency fund.

Lucielle thanks for your input.

Listed 2 items on eBay .
  • System
    Community Admin
    Have done the SOA and I have saved it. Resurrected 3 savings accounts to transfer money to relevant accounts for

.1.shopping/petrol
    2. Entertainment
    3. Emergency fund.

Main current account has all direct debits on.

Decided to pay credit card bills with whatever is left after these transfers.
    I only have one credit card that I use , the O% one got cut up when it arrived. The other card will get cut up as soon as I get another 0% one.

Determined to get the debt cleared. Have lots of no spends days. Use all food in freezer before I buy more.
  • have a look at the boost your income section of the board may help

good luck with the journey
    Cashback Earnings YTD £46.04 Survey Earnings YTD £182.66
    "Always always train, be the best version of you that you can physically be"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure