disgraceful boiler cover .scottish power

Comments

• mocki
    mocki Posts: 22 Forumite
    Mocki I think we have connected on twitter. We'll pick up your e-mail when we get it and get this sorted out for you. I'm really sorry for the inconveneice caused.

David
    Frankly I won't hold my breath! I have cc'd the email to watchdog too.
    Everyone needs to know how useless Scottish power are. It's my new aim in life to make sure as many people know as possible . Mr J Vine is most interested.
  • Scottish_Power
    Scottish_Power Posts: 1,263 Organisation Representative
    I have replied to your e-mail. I need some more information in order to progress this.

David
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Scottish Power. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • mocki
    Well still no phone call, nothing! It shows they are not bothered!
    Solicitor called back much faster!
  • mocki
    Finally someone has grown a pair and decided to phone us!
    Apparently a bigwig has found out , now lets see if anything happens....

Not holding out much hope, but at least it's not one of the telephone drones this time.

Stay tuned!
  • mocki
    So we have had 3 phone calls now, promising to have the part here and fitted by Friday...... We refused the useless subcontractor they have been sending from chesterfield , they say they will use another from Coventry .

If these are the usual lies and fobbing off its the end of the line.
    This really is their final chance!

Updated will follow here , and on every other place I can find to warn people of this company's incompetence .
  • cdy
    cdy Posts: 26 Forumite
    I'm as indignant as you are 'mockie'
    We're two and half weeks without central heating and hot water now - remember it is snowing and below zero outside, and room thermostat advises 7 degrees in the house.
    It is true that SP has agreed to compensate us for a couple of electric heaters, but, hey, what about hot water and the water-damage that's being done to our brand new kitchen because of the bucket-load of water leaking from the boiler every day for the past two and half weeks?!
    When we were covered through Vaillant/Home Serve we never waited more than 2 days for a repair (including when parts were needed). How I regret joining 'HomeComfort'!
  • mocki
    Cdy
    Get on every forum and website you can find and tell the world how crap they are.
    Twitter is excellent because it reaches many more people .
    I tweeted every 30 mins yesterday and finally someone with some sort of say within Scottish Power heard about it .....
    They have breached their contract , tell everyone you can .

Watchdog and a Mr J Vine are worth talking to as well.
  • cdy
    cdy Posts: 26 Forumite
    mocki,
    I have posted in the CAG forum, and also in a couple of unrelated forums I use. I don't use Twitter, but I am certainly considering sent a short letter to Watch Dog.
    This is a shambles.
  • Sparkle_66
    Sparkle_66 Posts: 53 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    I was thinking of cancelling my all singing, all dancing Homeserve policy having received my renewal of £706. As a woman on my own I have relied on this policy a few times over the years.

So I phoned them this morning expressing that I was considering cancelling but mentioned they were offering new customers the same policy at half the price on their website. After checking, the adviser came back offering same policy at £444 for the year saving me £262.

Needless to say I accepted as this does cover boiler, central heating, electrics, plumbing, drainage, boiler service & more.

Shame I cancelled my landlords policy on Monday but this was not Homeserves fault but that of their contractor Gas Trade Centre who didn't carry out safety check & service last year and then completed safety check this year but not the service. Homeserve have informed them they must carry out the service so that means another day off work for the tenant.
  • Scottish_Power
    Scottish_Power Posts: 1,263 Organisation Representative
    CDY have we escalated this for you? If not e-mail us at [EMAIL="social@scottishpower.com"]social@scottishpower.com[/EMAIL] Thanks David
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Scottish Power. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure