In the nick of time

Comments

• Moneyfordreams
    Moneyfordreams Posts: 2,442
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Well I need to get my act together and get painting. :o too busy reading debt free diaries.

OH has gone out to put a mirror up for DD1,,,, it was ours a huge black glass framed one... that's another thing from our clutter that doesn't suit this house :)

Friends birthday today, I gave her last years card and present and as it was a big birthday last year crossed the 0 out on the card and put a 1 ( I couldn't make the party and never got around to giving her the gift) I also regifted her a decleor set my DD1 had given me... more clutter gone :D

There is a great big pile of srap metal and copper in the garden my OH will take tomorrow to cash in. The plumber said... "you'll get £100 for that" then he said "you'll get £50 for that"... last time he took out a tank we got £20... I hope he's right :D

The tree surgeon never arrived ... I've manged to win an electric small chain saw on the bay , the exlodger said he would help. Even if we do half it will reduced costs a couple of colleagues have told me their tree cutting was £400 and £600

The weather is awful here today, supposed to be sunny at 5pm which coinsides with my trip to trainer. Suppose I best get on with the inside jobs :)
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • Moneyfordreams
    Forumite
    fabulous weather for night shifts :o actually I sleep so badly its and excuse to sit in our lovely new garden

DGD tomorrow whist DD1 on a work jaunt to the capital, OH and I both on nights so we are having to be a bit inventive. I'm on a short night tonight due to finish 4am, working through and break leave 3.15ish. But sickness in team and busy dept, I'm going in an hour early to finish 2am :D OH working 9-5am so will pick up dgd on wat home, they can sleep on sofas until i get up at 8 or 9 :D all good plans hey :o

My car has been smelling of burning and was a worry and recent engine troubles and lights... There is a melted plstic bag stuck to the under carridge.. I can't get it off the clod engine.. I suppose I will have to drive around a bit tomorrow and heat it up to try to pull off..

Pay day not until Thursday.. Our pay rise is in July I think ... also on thursday need to phone BG to arrange proper metres not these pre payment things :)
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,113
    Forumite
    Hope you manage to sort the car.

Pay rise is next month, backdated though so hopefully see a good amount. I am mid band so will actually get a decent rise.
    Mar 2024 - part 1 - £31,656 part 2 - £25,019 Total - £56,675 44 months to go!
  • Moneyfordreams
    Forumite
    Home from nights and tonights twilight. having half hour catch up here before bed. going in earl was a good idea. :D

Thanks Cath,, I would love another car but want to hold of :o I would then gift my car to OH, then OH's car to DD2, but really I want the house sorted 1st.

I haven't had an increment in a few years now, although my pay is always varied due to shifts and OT. Think this years pay rise will bi ok... but the next couple will be poor... but hey ho.. mustn't grumble :)

Just made another sale from the bay.. portable wifi, he made an offer and asked me to throw in a plug.. just hope changing the sim to PAYG is as easy as i imagine it should be. I will leave this money there to go towards the cost of selling this month, I've missed every cheap offer going.
  • Moneyfordreams
    Forumite
    Payday tomorrow and it's not an exciting one, looked on the online payslip last night. probably £200 less than normal.. weekend working really adds to take home pay.. :(

next months will be payrise backpay and OT. I was asked to do ovies this week but I'm too pooped after nights then days yesterday.

DGD is a handful.... it is constant mithering and whining if she doesn't get her own way. So pools up (smaller one) she must have put her cossie on and off about 6 times this morning. Anyhow I've arranged for us to meet friends at the beach so will be off there in a bit.. She starts school in September... I'm almost wishing the summer away :/

Weekly shop at lidl £52 (including cider :o )got a good haul of orange sticker fish and mince. home made burgers for tea... Trainer tonight. no doubt she will be disappointed in my diet again :o kind of thought "booger it" this week what with nights and no free time.

My team leader seems to be relying on me more and more for stuff... He wanted me to adjust something on the electronic roster and it couldn't be done.. but I was called away and did't get chance again to return it to its previous balance. He there later so I've emailed him from home from home to own it rather than him gossip about me :D I've said have a look as it doesn't fit. almost as if I was supposed to leave it for him to see :D
  • Moneyfordreams
    Forumite
    Trainer last night was good... urrggh she took more photos.. maybe to shame me into less snacks. I didn't exercise much last week due to shift pattern, so went to new gym 7am, and did 20 fat burn on the treadmill and then braved the legs bums and tums class. Not only do they do the plank they want you too move your legs too .. in ..out in out... rapidly, whilst holding plank!!!!! . I was a purple puddle on the floor. They advised me not to exercise tomorrow and expect pain :o my legs stopped feeling like jelly 2 hours later and the pain has been there pretty much since. apparently I did well after my 15 year hiatus. :)

My month on pre payment metres is up tomorrow, will phone BG to arrange metre change.

Bought loft boards to clear 3rd bedroom of stuff, but it was too hot to drag them up the ladder to put up, let alone move the stuff up there too. DD2 having a guest Saturday night, they will have to share her bedroom.

We had a play with our extendable mini chain saw "Titan" and kind of gave that up and back to the gardener /tree surgeon idea the cut right back and down then we may be able to manage.

OH put the 3rd coat of fence paint on, and I took some bricks to the tip. Surprisingly being out and about was cooler than sitting still.

I had a little snooze before but had been up from 5am, due in work tomorrow on a long day.
    more yellow sticker food. have made a lasagne today well chucked yellow sticker mince, and the rest of the ingredients in the slow cooker for the day, its just baking now for tomorrows meals and probably Saturday too. probably cost £2.50.
  • Moneyfordreams
    Forumite
    edited 29 June 2018 at 9:48PM
    Still waiting on 0% CC from M&S, maybe I'm being too impatient. The application was online 2 weeks ago, then papers signed a week ago. I hope it arrives soon as there is interest now on the account. (this is for daughters car)

I have done some forward planning, my pension has been shunted in 2016 to the newer one which is not as fruitful but I pay in 12.5%still. I was 2 years too young to stay in and have payments from 1990 :( but do feel aggrieved that I'm losing out.... however I do not trust any government and think they will always blooming well rob you blind if not by taxes , some other why like err your pension. I have restarted my S&S savings with my proposed pay rise to support my early retirement.

This of course still means I have to OP . £200 OP to retire at 60 , £700 OP to retire at 55. These would be doable however , we need a new bathroom (£3k) and new kitchen layout and doors next year (£8-10k) after spending £4k this last month I now have £3k but don't want to go under £2k EF. so a few months waiting for our new bathroom

Then its my OH's 60th next March. he wants to go back to America...I'm trying to subtly change his mind "would you really want to be away from the girls on your birthday", or more "I'm worried about cost of repairs and having enough money to do it all" planting seeds :D

We still need to book hotel for Vienna Christmas markets, I see OT calling in July :o
    We are travelling to Surrey for my sisters 25th wedding anniversary August. will need to book 2nd hotel night as I've managed to swap my shifts around :)

Off tomorrow, back to the gym. legs and buttocks have been aching today, planning upper body workout before legs bums and tums again on Monday.

Off to make a £200 OP as DD2 just paid up what she owed :D will make another one next week to get to 00s and to make sure its over £1k a month drop

My July bathroom has been moved to September , but may even be November :o

I'm still cutting the dog's hair and I'm still terrible at it. have try to sort his leg out tomorrow , needs 2 of us as one needs to keep him still.

Forgot August service and MOT too

DD2 is 21 in September. I gave DD1 £360 for hers (£10 between 18-21 still regular savers at that point) DD2 is baffling to me, I've no idea what she will do ever !!!8230;. anyhows, what wither hoped for party its going to cost a bit :o
  • Moneyfordreams
    Forumite
    Both OH and DD2 gone to work, so alone time :)

Thinking about planning .. I have many empty accounts , car, entertainment, xmas, birthdays ... but filling them wasn't me really. I like to keep a £2k EF, or float... DD1 &2 use it and I do alway ask for the money back. a loan is a loan not a gift . I'm fairly strict on that :D I like to see the bigger total, £1500 (close to the edge) or £2000 (breathe a sigh of relief) £2500-£3000 I'm winning)

I've just had a look at our plans and proposed expenditure for the biggies over the next few months. This is without renovations to our home :)

June 2018 salary, salary not great no July costs (phew) paid back £200 owed

July 2018, good potential salary, august Car service plus MOT due (plus owe OH friend £20) £200
    also book 2nd hotel for Surrey stay in August ? where plus spends £300

August DD2 Birthday £500 for September (£360 plus party costs at pub) hopeful :o

September salary, oh car insurance and MOT due october, paid mine in full first time this year, maybe its a future plan :D Hoping for less than £300

October Salary , we are going to xmas markets in Vienna end of November so spending money :) max £500 hopeful for less :o I won't buy tat :o but food and drink :(:) guilt complex

November Salary to fund Christmas and DGD birthday. again max £500 ( OH £100, DD1 £100, DD2 £100, DGD £50, others £100 extras £50 ... food (to be added with extras)

December salary for January , my car insurance < £300 (hoping £250)

January DD1's birthday in february.. £100

February mine and OH birthday in March he's 60 and wants a holiday :) (i hope a cheaper one, last american dream cost £6k :eek:

March Nothing

April Nothing

May house insurance < £150???

June Nothing

July Nothing

August DD2's september birthday

September OH car insurance and MOT

So we have an expensive 6 months, still need to book Vienna hotel for 4 nghts :D but at least the following 6 months are better :D:D
  • Moneyfordreams
    Forumite
    edited 2 July 2018 at 11:19AM
    Just received my 3 year badge :D

5 years ago I had just mortgaged to £200k because I had to. I was paying £1040 pcm with over £600 of that going on interest.

I knew I had to get off that rate and sell up.... 3rd attempt at selling successful this year meaning £40k less mortgage.... but overall we have an £82k reduction in 5 years...

Now I want more than that without downsizing :o

mortgage and £200 OP this month, I will pay another >£33 to get to 0's and have a balance of £118k, I've put 50% of my wages into savings to build up coffers again. That means I have £270 for the coming 5 week month ...oops
  • Moneyfordreams
    Forumite
    I think I may have been too ambitious with 50% savings. I have already drawn out a bit to cover council tax and water :o It may balance by the end of the month as OH gets paid around 20th I think and he has been pulling in some extra nights :D

Trying to figure what to fix 1st without spending the earth... the dining room fireplace appears to be well and truely attached to the wall. OH thinks he will rip off plaster to remove. The gas fire below is very old fashioned but also very hot. but its so ugly.... OH has talked me out of delaying bathroom fix to get a new fire/fireplace. There isn't a whole lot of room in there so thinking of a wall fire, seen a nice simple one online for £379.99. then of course, fitting and making good. It may be more worthwhile to get a local company.

A few loft boards were litterally thrown up this week (only half the amount we bought) it was too hot for husband to handle :D manged to get some boxes of keepssakes (rubbish ) into the loft.

And yesterday did a trawl through the wardrobes to start a charity shop bag. another half a dozen books to go.. plus my sister took a pile :D

I'm on 3x 14hr shifts from tomorrow. must get to the shops today to prepare. It was a fault on the roster as we are only supposed to do 2 together. I just have to suck it up this week, then next week is night duty... then Annual leave :D

right off to the gym... I've added a few classes to my work outs which I am enjoying.. I just wish I would stop snacking on rubbish. and so does my trainer :o
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback