SSP and being an Agency Worker

Options
My husband is working for agency so if he does not work he does not get paid.

He has now been signed off of work for a week and it might be longer. I am earning at the moment. But would find it hard to cover both household and personal bills between us for to long.

He has been working for the same agency (and company)for at least the last 7 weeks if not longer.

I assume that he can claim SSP it seems from what I have read that he can claim this via the Agency is that correct. Because they are paying his tax and NI.

Or that seems to be what this http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/helpsheets/e14-supp.htm#a web page seems to say.

Thanks in advance.

Yours

Calley
Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin

Comments

• liney
    liney Posts: 5,121 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Whether he gets SSP fromt he agency or he has to go to the Social depends on whether the company he has been working at are keeping his job open for him or not.

If they are not having him back on assignment when his sick note runs out (ie his position is no longer available) then he must get the SSP pack completed by the agency, who will state their reason for not paying, then take it to the Job Center to process.

Don't forget he has 3 waiting days where he will not be paid at all. Long and short or it is, yes he will be entitled, but the JC may pay instead of the agency.
    "On behalf of teachers, I'd like to dedicate this award to Michael Gove and I mean dedicate in the Anglo Saxon sense which means insert roughly into the anus of." My hero, Mr Steer.
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I thought he would have to gone via the job centre but got a little confused when I googled and found the bit about the agency paying SSP.

He had two and half days off last week. And went back last night and he said no more as he is so much pain. So managed to get a Dr's note which he should have taken last week rather than struggle last week.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family