Goodbye TSB

Right that's it now.
I have had enough of this fiasco.
My TSB accounts & access to them are still not sorted so its now time to say goodbye.
I will stop using all the accounts & the credit card.
I will wait until the compensation has been paid out then close all the lot...............

Comments

• Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,683 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Not sure I see the point of deciding to close all. If you can manage without using the accounts for a while then why not just do that and review the situation when your compo arrives and when full access is available again (as it will, one day!). They still have one of the best interest paying current accounts and may well add new incentives to stay with them.

But each to their own!

Btw this is the third new TSB complaint thread started in the last 24 hours, surely people could just add to one of the pre-existing ones? Like this https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5833425

And, for leaving TSB, there's this: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5855282
  • Cotta
    Cotta Posts: 3,667 Forumite
    What compensation are you folks expecting? From what I understand the 5% rate was our full compensation.
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,683 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Cotta wrote: »
    What compensation are you folks expecting? From what I understand the 5% rate was our full compensation.

Less of the 'you folks' please. I'm not expecting anything. Because I haven't claimed anything, because I haven't lost anything.
  • Cotta
    Cotta Posts: 3,667 Forumite
    Let me rephrase, what is the OP expecting in terms of compensation?
  • wizzywig27
    wizzywig27 Posts: 1,536 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Good luck with your complaint, 56 days is up for me on Friday and case hasnt even been allocated to a complaints handler yet! Whenever I call (which isnt often) I am greeted by rude people. I understand they are busy, but thats not my problem tbh. I was told I wouldnt be out of pocket, yet I have been for 54 days!
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Zanderman wrote: »
    Less of the 'you folks' please. I'm not expecting anything. Because I haven't claimed anything, because I haven't lost anything.
    Same here. No claim as no loss. I am very greatful for the 5% interest though :cool: and wouldn't dream of closing my TSB accounts
  • polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Had the best excuse yet on Saturday - my fourth attempt to get Certs of Interest for my £1,500 Classic Plus bank accounts.

"We've not sent them as these accounts don't earn interest"

. . . and I couldn't get Samantha to look at any of the accounts' recent transaction history and so learn something.

Wonderful.
  • donerkebab
    donerkebab Posts: 177 Forumite
    polymaff wrote: »
    Had the best excuse yet on Saturday - my fourth attempt to get Certs of Interest for my £1,500 Classic Plus bank accounts.

"We've not sent them as these accounts don't earn interest"

. . . and I couldn't get Samantha to look at any of the accounts' recent transaction history and so learn something.

Wonderful.

Are we sure the Classic Plus is not on the list to earn 5% interest - not had any interest since April - something to add to my FO complaint
    In the words of Jerry Maguire "SHOW ME THE MONEY"
  • donerkebab
    donerkebab Posts: 177 Forumite
    From the TSB site "We have increased the interest rate on our Classic Plus account from 3% to 5%. We promise this won't be taken away after a year"

Be nice if we get any interest at all :( any one still getting interest paid monthly? Don't forget withdraw any funds over £1500 as thats the max for interest.
    In the words of Jerry Maguire "SHOW ME THE MONEY"
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,201 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Interest on my accounts has been credited as & when expected.

I’m another who is not looking for compensation as, apart from a few days when I couldn’t access my accounts, I’ve had no problems.

My annual interest statements aren’t yet available online but I’m not concerned. If necessary, I can add up the monthly figures myself;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure