P.I.P. timescales...

Comments

• heart_free
    heart_free Posts: 1,204 Forumite
    Well sent my forms back 3 weeks ago and no response, but I'm not going to hold my breathe. I'm still waiting for my 14 week ESA assessment and it's week 25 now! I rang ATOS ad they said there's severe delays in South Wales and it may be another month or 2 before my ESA assessment. So the PIP will probably be next year!
    "I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. I TURN UP ONLY ONCE."
    - Terry Pratchett
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I'm another one who got the letter stating they hadn't received my form despite sending it in plenty of time.
    I sent my form back at the end of August so not heard anything at all yet, I'm waiting for knee replacements. At this rate they will have been done and dusted before I even have the assessment:eek:
    I'm in the North West, but it sounds like severe delays across the whole of the country.
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • Julie67 wrote: »
    I'm another one who got the letter stating they hadn't received my form despite sending it in plenty of time.
    I sent my form back at the end of August so not heard anything at all yet, I'm waiting for knee replacements. At this rate they will have been done and dusted before I even have the assessment:eek:

You do know that for PIP, your needs need to have existed for 3 months, and are likely to continue to exist for 9?

(Assuming that it was a fresh application in August).
    If you are expected to be healed by May or so - then you may not be eligible - nomatter your current state.
  • Widelats
    Widelats Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    portly1 wrote: »
    That sounds vaguely similar to an ESA assessment and then you get a letter telling you that you have failed!!

To be honest, i am not expecting to pass as i can walk, not very far with Achilles Tendonitis, around 30 - 40 steps slowly, before i need to stop and give them a break, but its still walking.

I am not disabled as such, not wheelchair bound, so i don't think i have a leg to stand on (pardon the pun)
    Owed out = lots. :cool:
  • heart_free wrote: »
    Well sent my forms back 3 weeks ago and no response, but I'm not going to hold my breathe. I'm still waiting for my 14 week ESA assessment and it's week 25 now! I rang ATOS ad they said there's severe delays in South Wales and it may be another month or 2 before my ESA assessment. So the PIP will probably be next year!

I am a volunteer CAB advisor (All opinions are my own here)...but currently we are seeing 39 weeks plus wait for ESA applications first reply and 26 weeks plus (and counting ) for PIP.
  • Derwent
    Derwent Posts: 571 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I applied for PIP on 8th April, had my assessment on 3rd July, but still no report submitted to DWP by ATOS some 12 weeks later. Rang ATOS to find out what's happening and they told me there is a big backlog as all reports are having to go through a newly introduced checking process to make sure they're fit for purpose and meet quality guidelines. They were unable to give me any idea of how long this would take.
    Its amazing how these banks can't even do simple calculations correctly..............
  • Can anyone tell me how long on average it takes for the form itself to be sent out? I made the application phone call 2 weeks ago, but haven't received anything yet. I'm guessing from what I've seen here that I need to wait a while longer before contacting them.
    DFW Nerd no. 884 - Proud to [strike]be dealing with[/strike] have dealt with my debts
  • Derwent wrote: »
    I applied for PIP on 8th April, had my assessment on 3rd July, but still no report submitted to DWP by ATOS some 12 weeks later. Rang ATOS to find out what's happening and they told me there is a big backlog as all reports are having to go through a newly introduced checking process to make sure they're fit for purpose and meet quality guidelines. They were unable to give me any idea of how long this would take.

As a matter of interest do you know if ATOS have been in contact with your GP or anyone else that you have told them may be able to give evidence on your behalf?

The 'new' system is as a result of them (ATOS) being slated for poor quality ESA reports. They have had a rocket put up their backside as they are in danger of losing the contract.

I doubt that they are doing this check to help you - more a question of them being seen to do a more thorough job for the DWP - their paymaster!!
  • portly1 wrote: »
    As a matter of interest do you know if ATOS have been in contact with your GP or anyone else that you have told them may be able to give evidence on your behalf?

The 'new' system is as a result of them (ATOS) being slated for poor quality ESA reports. They have had a rocket put up their backside as they are in danger of losing the contract.

I doubt that they are doing this check to help you - more a question of them being seen to do a more thorough job for the DWP - their paymaster!!

They haven't contacted my GP at all. I have an appointment at hospital tomorrow with the Vascular Consultant so I will ask him then if he has had any contact from ATOS.
    Its amazing how these banks can't even do simple calculations correctly..............
  • I am currently in the my claim being auditied by atos stage! as of last wednesday, only 18 weeks 2 days after first claiming. Now i just have to wait for them to fnish the audit, and send it back to dwp. then for them to do their bit. Non of the medical professionals i put down have been contacted. i was under the impression this was atos's job, before auditing? or is it when its sent back to dwp?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure