Afprb 2009

Comments

• Ivrytwr3
    Ivrytwr3 Posts: 6,282 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    on the AArse forum they have posted that it will not be released until mid to late March; great! :(
  • mannews
    mannews Posts: 93 Forumite
    I don't think it matters when they publish it. There will be rumblings in the media either way, no one in the public likes to see the armed forces being treated badly but give them a pay rise and they will wonder why they didn't get one. You can't win. Fingers crossed anyway. The commitment today is well under paid and I don't think anything they give is enough.
  • Ivrytwr3
    Ivrytwr3 Posts: 6,282 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    of course it matters when they publish it, we want to know what, if any, pay rise we are getting!!

(it is normally published in Feb!!)

But thanks for the support.
  • mannews
    mannews Posts: 93 Forumite
    I don't mean it in that way Ivrytwr3, of course everyone wants to know, but if you read what I said it refered to the media and general public and thier opinions.
  • Looking at this site

http://www.publicappts-vacs.gov.uk/(mlayj445idurqy55e5myjx55)/search.aspx which lists the vacancies for the various boards. It looks as if one of the chairmen and various seats have stood down. Could this be a bad thing?. Anyway the board will vote on its new members after the 20th therefore it summises that the report can only be just before (most likely) or just after the 20th so that voting etc can take place on the week starting monday 23rd. That is if the government doesnt step in and throw spanners in the works then we could be looking as late as the 27th for the release. £350 a day these noggins are on.
  • Gnd
    Gnd Posts: 20 Forumite
    2% is your payrise
    2% is the maximum it will be as it is not allowed to be above the rate of inflation. It will come out very soon

This was posted on another military site (I have no idea if it is correct or not!!) and the poster 'claimed' to be in a place to know - AFPRB out on the 20 03 09
  • ICATQ
    ICATQ Posts: 664 Forumite
    2.6% is being banded about by 'reliable' sources elsewhere.....

My MP has failed to respond to my emails on the matter.
  • Vixstar
    Vixstar Posts: 967 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I have seen 2.6% on a monthly summary document but not on anything more official.
  • tartanterra
    tartanterra Posts: 819 Forumite
    Gnd wrote: »
    2% is your payrise
    2% is the maximum it will be as it is not allowed to be above the rate of inflation. It will come out very soon

This was posted on another military site (I have no idea if it is correct or not!!) and the poster 'claimed' to be in a place to know - AFPRB out on the 20 03 09
    The AFPRB have to take account of various factors including inflation, however, the pay rise is allowed to be above inflation, and it has been - several times.

TERMS OF REFERENCE
    [FONT=YOEPP X+ Stone Sans,Stone Sans]The Armed Forces’ Pay Review Body provides independent advice to the Prime Minister and the Secretary of State for Defence on the remuneration and charges for members of the Naval, Military and Air Forces of the Crown. [/FONT]
    [FONT=YOEPP X+ Stone Sans,Stone Sans]In reaching its recommendations, the Review Body is to have regard to the following considerations:
    • the need to recruit, retain and motivate suitably able and qualified people taking account of the particular circumstances of Service life;
    • Government policies for improving public services, including the requirement on the Ministry of Defence to meet the output targets for the delivery of departmental services;
    • the funds available to the Ministry of Defence as set out in the Government’s departmental expenditure limits; and
    • the Government’s inflation target.
    No mention of "not allowed"! Inflation must be taken account, but not slavishly followed.[/FONT]
    Nothing is foolproof, as fools are so ingenious! :D
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Maybe the some resource could be redeployed to addressing this area if tracking AWOLs down wasn't such a priority.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure