The Money Diet, Updated, Discussion Area

Comments

• mrkester wrote:
    here's where the hmmmmmmmm comes in.................

"Amazon Shipping £2.16 + 59p per item. Free option if over £19 spent. "

above from bookbrain.co.uk

So £15 or £19 ?????????
    can anyone shed any light on this, or am i just being daft???

It's definitely £15 stated on Amazon.

hth

Lotta
    "One hundred years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, how big my house was, or what kind of car I drove. But the world may be a little better, because I was important in the life of a child."
  • Fantastic news Martin, this site has changed my life! I’m definitely a prudent money saver these days. Always reading the site and forums, telling my friends about the information available and proudly displaying your car sticker.

My sister has just started at university, and im worried she is going to make the same mistakes I did so this will make the perfect Christmas gift.

Anyway, my point. . .
    Ive placed my order with Amazon (with a few other Christmas gifts for the free delivery) and received the following email:

Dispatch estimate for these items: 2 Dec 2005
    Delivery estimate: 5 Dec 2005 - 7 Dec 2005
    2x "The Money Diet: The Ultimate Guide to Shedding Pounds Off Your Bills and Saving Money on Everything!"
    Martin Lewis; Paperback; £3.99

I thought we were getting an early dispatch before general release? :eek: I’m not sure I can wait a further two weeks; the anticipation is just too much.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks,
    Paul.
    :T
    Debt at Highest, £18,000.00 :eek:

As of October 2010, Debt Free!!! :j:T
  • mrkester wrote:
    just got email about new Money Diet book.

and i quote from Martin..............

"The MoneySavingExpert.com User offer

I pushed my publisher to allow site users to get the book 2 weeks early (14 Nov) via a special deal with Amazon. The price is £3.99 plus £2.75 p&p (recommended retail price £7.99). Yet Amazon's new policy means spend £15 and delivery is free, so if you're planning a Christmas shop anyway it's worth combining the two. This deal and price is for one week only. "

here's where the hmmmmmmmm comes in.................

"Amazon Shipping £2.16 + 59p per item. Free option if over £19 spent. "

above from bookbrain.co.uk

So £15 or £19 ?????????
    can anyone shed any light on this, or am i just being daft???

I think Martin means spend £15.00 more to get the free delivery
  • Hi all,

Just putting and order through,and when it got to the confirmation screen, just before I handed over my cash, it said expected delivery date 29 Nov.

That was following the affiliate link too.

How do we get the early delivery???

Thanks,
    Pete.
  • ashmit
    ashmit Posts: 622 Forumite
    First Post
    see here for the £15 free delivery offer
    You need to select supersaver delivery - maybe the £19 is for free first class.

paulmarks83, did you use the link in Martin's email to order? If you ordered any other way you won't get it early.
  • Stumpy
    Stumpy Posts: 1,109 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker

I thought we were getting an early dispatch before general release? :eek: I’m not sure I can wait a further two weeks; the anticipation is just too much.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks,
    Paul.
    :T

I've just re-read Martin's e-mail, and it does read as if we should be getting the books earlier than the release date - but I definately clicked on the link in his e-mail and have definately got a delivery date for early December. So gives the impression that they're not sending them out until after the normal release date of 1 December - unless the Super-Saver delivery is Super-slow?!

Not that it bothers me much - most of them are Christmas pressies anyway.
  • Using the affiliate link at the moment isn't telling you that you'll get it early. :-(
  • student100
    student100 Posts: 1,059 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Have just noticed The Money Diet is #1 in Amazon's Hot 100 Books at the moment (beating Jamie Oliver and Sharon Osborne)! It's not released for a month!
    student100 hasn't been a student since 2007...
  • m00nie
    m00nie Posts: 2,314 Forumite
    student100 wrote:
    Have just noticed The Money Diet is #1 in Amazon's Hot 100 Books at the moment (beating Jamie Oliver and Sharon Osborne)! It's not released for a month!

thats great news..
  • Kimberley
    Kimberley Posts: 14,871 Forumite
    I've just ordered two books from the link in the email, my delivery date says 14 November :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure