bye 100% plus!

Comments

• homer_j_3
    homer_j_3 Posts: 3,266 Forumite
    Have you all been to a FS bashing dinner or something?

Seriously, I don't really care what you do and the responsibilities that you have. The only people in this country that are unfairly paid are those that work in care, hospitals, the police, fire services and the armed forces.

Us brokers form part of the supply chain, as i am sure you do in your chosen career. So get over it. If you don't agree with us, I don't care as no one asked you to. Why not go and whine to your MP. Oh no, they are another overpaid under qualified person
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • It's very simple. Your supply chain has been responsible for helping to ramp house prices to unaffordable and unsustainable levels so that you can pick fat commissions.

So don't expect sympathy when your party comes to an end. You made it, you can sleep in it.
  • Me & oh went into the bank early last week to sort out a mortgage...said it should all be fine, but I know they didnt send all the stuff off, they were gonna wait 4 us 2 make another offer.
    Am I stuffed now?!
    Wish I wasnt needing more than 100%, but Im a teacher, so dont get paid enough for the huge house prices where I live.
    Abbey were looking good...not now.....
    :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
  • homer_j_3
    Have I asked for sympathy, I have said that we have had our good times if you ACTUALLY read the thread.

As I said also, we are a small fish in a big pond -its not me that is picking 1-2% + vat off the property price. I get on average 0.35% of the mortgage amount.

Just get a grip with yourself man. Your anger and frustration will not change anything.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • homer_j_3
    lilfairy wrote: »
    Me & oh went into the bank early last week to sort out a mortgage...said it should all be fine, but I know they didnt send all the stuff off, they were gonna wait 4 us 2 make another offer.
    Am I stuffed now?!
    Wish I wasnt needing more than 100%, but Im a teacher, so dont get paid enough for the huge house prices where I live.
    Abbey were looking good...not now.....
    :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

It may be better to start a new thread on this.

When you make your new thread, you may want to put a bit more detail into what you mean about the other offer and why things were not sent off
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
  • Not angry at all. There is a certain degree of satisfaction in watching the miracle economy tear itself apart and muppets like RICS and CML mainpulating the figures to try and convince the financially illiterate that 125% mortgages at 9 times salary are a good idea.

It might mean that you lot are finally regulated properly to stop speculative property boom and bust.
  • homer_j wrote: »
    It may be better to start a new thread on this.

When you make your new thread, you may want to put a bit more detail into what you mean about the other offer and why things were not sent off

Thanks Homer J - I think I will.
    guyrulius wrote: »
    mainpulating the figures to try and convince the financially illiterate that 125% mortgages at 9 times salary are a good idea.

I think you are really rude. I am not financially illiterate as you put it, just trying to buy myself a house in todays market. Yes, I would like to pay a bigger deposit, but teaching is not the highest paid profession.
  • What are you teaching - underwater basket weaving? It's obviously not mathematics or economics. Does this thread actually not mean anything to you? These are financial professionals describing how their market is destroying itself.

I suggest you go and introduce yourself to the DFW crowd. You're going to be a regular for about as long as it takes you to recover from repossession and bankruptcy.
  • mpsavuk
    mpsavuk Posts: 296 Forumite
    From the gist of the postings by some of the mortgage brokers and the like on this thread, sounds to me as if they are being slowly taken out of the equation by the big lenders? To save on the comissions?

It's a bit like reading the American Loan Officers Forum website in the early days of the credit crunch.
  • poppy10_2
    poppy10_2 Posts: 6,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Oh god, please make it stop.
    poppy10
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts