Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Bee_Happy329
    • By Bee_Happy329 11th Feb 17, 8:41 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Bee_Happy329
    Tax Avoidance to avoid child support
    • 11th Feb 17, 8:41 PM
    Tax Avoidance to avoid child support 11th Feb 17 at 8:41 PM
    I'm on here to see if anyone can help me with my struggle using the child maintenance service. My ex is a self employed accountant who started using a Tax avoidance scheme when we split. We are also going through divorce proceedings. The problem is the scheme allows him to divert his earnings to them and they pay him minimum wage and the remainder of his salary as a loan which is never repayable. In doing this it is not subject to Tax. Since the CMS will only consider taxable earnings he pays 14 per week for 2 children and earns 50k a year. This seems incredibly unfair on the children. I have appealed the decision and it's taken the CMS an excruciating 12 months to even submit their information and responses to the Appeals Tribunal Court. I'm still waiting for the hearing in despair!!! In the meantime he has benefited by avoiding paying 7000 worth of child support for the past year. I've been told by CMS that they cannot say this is a diversion of earnings even though I have provided a financial declaration and bank statements from the ex (provided for the divorce) stating his earnings are 50k, apparently that's not enough evidence. This is crazy what do they want? Even though they have everything they need it still isn't enough because loans are not taxable. I'm now waiting for the appeals tribunal who will more than likely tell me the same!

Has anyone gone through the appeal tribunal for child maintenance and been successful? Please share your experience and help is much appreciated.
Page 3
    • a.ferra
    • By a.ferra 20th Nov 19, 10:59 AM
    • 36 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    a.ferra
    You are writing nonsense. Stop it
    Originally posted by Comms69
    You have just given the perfect example why we need to open the secret family courts, because the public truly believe its not happening.
    • a.ferra
    • By a.ferra 20th Nov 19, 11:00 AM
    • 36 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    a.ferra
    Secret courts that youve just published a story from/about?

That dont make sense. You cant on one hand say people dont know about it because its secret and youre not allowed to say anything and then say something. Its an oxymoron.

Im assuming youre not the legal representative in such cases?
    Originally posted by spadoosh
    This case went to the high court to have the reporting restrictions lifted, that's why its public knowledge.
    • Comms69
    • By Comms69 20th Nov 19, 12:12 PM
    • 10,350 Posts
    • 12,514 Thanks
    Comms69
    You have just given the perfect example why we need to open the secret family courts, because the public truly believe its not happening.
    Originally posted by a.ferra

Know, I KNOW its not happening, not the way you describe it.

Stop it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,078Posts Today

6,706Users online

Martin's Twitter