Tesco clubcard christmas saver scheme

Based on the extract below, I am wondering if it equates to normal vouchers, i.e. if I top up £200 and receive £12 bonus - £212 - can i then use this to treble up, for hotel vouchers, pizza express etc?

You'll receive your Clubcard statements throughout the year stating your Christmas Savings total.
You can top up your savings with your own money in-store at the checkout and the Customer Service Desk, from 50p to £360.
Top up throughout the year and receive:
£25 - £49.50 top-up = £1.50 bonus
£50 - £99.50 top-up = £3 bonus
£100 - £199.50 top-up = £6 bonus
£200 - £360 top-up = £12 bonus
Your last chance to top up your savings and receive your bonus in your November 2019 statement is 15 October 2019.
In your November statement, you'll receive all your Clubcard vouchers, any top-up vouchers you've saved up and any bonus vouchers you have earned - all just in time for Christmas.
Any top-ups that you make will be transferred into an account held by the trustees of a trust so that your money is completely secure and protected.

Comments

• no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    AS far as I can recall - 'bonus' vouchers are not eligible for 'Deals' - just as they couldn't be used in 'double-ups', because they are generated from cash, and not sales.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • retro1981
    retro1981 Posts: 42 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Ok thanks for the reply, I was thinking it could be too good to be true!
  • HonestJohn
    HonestJohn Posts: 1,006 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I have been using up last years saver vouchers and noticed that you don't get cluibcard points when you spend them. Anybody else noticed this?
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
  • I emailed them at the time and they confirmed the saver scheme is excluded from rewards. I would assume you also can't accumulate points when you spend either :-(
  • no1catman
    no1catman Posts: 2,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    HonestJohn wrote: »
    I have been using up last years saver vouchers and noticed that you don't get cluibcard points when you spend them. Anybody else noticed this?

Surprised at that. When shopping in Tesco if the items are applicable for points e.g. excludes lottery & tobacco, then it should show on your receipt, a voucher is just a means of paying for it.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • HonestJohn
    HonestJohn Posts: 1,006 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I agree. I use two local shops. I get points in one but not the other.
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. Albert Einstein
  • Ronnny
    Ronnny Posts: 17 Forumite
    I have had nothing but trouble with this I have saved for a year and it don't add up and the lies I have been told by clubcard are unreal I currently got a complaint going through resolver but they Still proper talking rubbish it's unreal. Having major second thoughts saving for a year.
  • If you were to use a voucher code to get a free item when shopping online, you receive points for these. Example, you spend £50 online and have a voucher for £2 off a specific item (thus paying £48), you'll still receive 50 points. I'd have assumed this was the same for spending clubcard points, though I don't spend mine at Tesco. Mine go to pizza express (well until they shut up shop anyway).
    Thought for the day: each generation of mankind tends to hug the illusion of having reached the culmination of human achievement. Yet, as we scoff at our groping ancestors, so our descendants will surely scoff at us.

-C.F Harriss - Worthing at War - August 17 1941
  • DKRobert
    DKRobert Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Post
    Sorry to bump this, but I wondering if people view this as a more viable proposition at the moment. Even if you stick only £100 of your own money in, the £6 bonus you get is better than any ISA or savings account would pay. And apart from magazine subscriptions, there's not a lot of options in terms of reward vouchers right now.

Obvious downside is lack of financial protection and being locked into Tesco for Xmas shopping, but I don't foresee them having any issues in the next 6 months, and I usually do my Xmas shop there anyway (and they offer the best bonus rate of any supermarket).

Anyone see any big downsides to this?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure