Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jammyjoe
    • By jammyjoe 27th Jun 17, 5:13 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 2Thanks
    jammyjoe
    GWD Forestry Investment
    • 27th Jun 17, 5:13 PM
    GWD Forestry Investment 27th Jun 17 at 5:13 PM
    Iím invested with a company called GWD forestry since Aug 2015. I have Christmas trees and Annatto Seed changed from a Coconut investment in brazil gone south. The reason why Iíve generated this thread is because Iím due a payment from GWD owed to me for a coconut payment due for 2016. I have since discovered that others are due the same payments for 2015. A group Iím with, have been in discussions with GWD since Feb this year and as such GWD have stopped discussions with my group and I feel I need to go a different direction.
    Would be interested with others to discuss their experience with this topic.
Page 8
    • Ninz
    • By Ninz 2nd Feb 19, 1:30 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ninz
    Gwd Forestry investment
    Yes i would like too that's the only option left to us
    • Ninz
    • By Ninz 2nd Feb 19, 1:42 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ninz
    G W D Forestry investments
    Hi,
    I have the same problem. we can talk to each other , tks for sharing
    • Annoyed18
    • By Annoyed18 2nd Feb 19, 10:55 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Annoyed18
    Iím also in the same boat, Ninz what land is mortgaged in Brazil? Canada? or has all the land been mortgaged? How did you find this out I thought everything was owned outright by them
    • Ninz
    • By Ninz 2nd Feb 19, 7:26 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ninz
    Returns.......,,,
    i invested in August 2015, and i never NEVER get any returns. I got false excuses a lot .....
    you should know that this company took a mortgage on the lands and now there are in payment default. So , guess what, the amount due is apportioned on a pro rata basis.
    It means that not only we lose the investment and the interests but we owe money to that bank.
    someone did a calculation for me , they say i owe $15000 of morgage unpaid !!!!!!
    • Ninz
    • By Ninz 2nd Feb 19, 7:27 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ninz
    Canada New Bruswick
    • Annoyed18
    • By Annoyed18 2nd Feb 19, 7:39 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Annoyed18
    Ninz, why would we owe money?, how did you find out the land is mortgaged? How did you find out this information?
    • Ninz
    • By Ninz 3rd Feb 19, 9:25 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ninz
    As i explain, the company took a morgage. GWD F stop paying that morgage .
    So the sums due are prorated. I got that info through a friend of mine CEO of a large bank. i cannot say more about it .
    • Malthusian
    • By Malthusian 4th Feb 19, 7:20 AM
    • 5,600 Posts
    • 9,272 Thanks
    Malthusian
    It means that not only we lose the investment and the interests but we owe money to that bank.
    someone did a calculation for me , they say i owe $15000 of morgage unpaid !!!!!!
    Originally posted by Ninz
    Unless you signed something agreeing to be personally liable for the loan they are talking nonsense.

Investors in a company are not liable for any other debts it may take on.

A far more likely scenario is that the bank has a first charge, meaning that in the event that GWD is wound up, the bank is paid first and investors are paid second.

As the money is long gone anyway, this means investors are in the same position they were before. It doesn't matter where you sit in the queue if there is no money to dish out.
    • Despondent Investor
    • By Despondent Investor 4th Feb 19, 4:47 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Despondent Investor
    Re GWD mortgaged land. Investors only invested in the growing of different type of trees. Investors do not own the land so they cannot be liable for a mortgage.

Within the last six months GWD did indicate that in order to compensate investors for possible losses they would transfer the land over to investors. This could be a poisoned chalice.
    • AdamO
    • By AdamO 12th Feb 19, 10:19 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    AdamO
    Me Too
    I would be happy to hear anyone's ideas on what to do next.
    • Aretnap
    • By Aretnap 12th Feb 19, 12:35 PM
    • 3,262 Posts
    • 2,859 Thanks
    Aretnap
    I would be happy to hear anyone's ideas on what to do next.
    Originally posted by AdamO
    Traditionally depression comes after bargaining. Get that out of the way as quickly as you can, because acceptance is next.

(Sorry, but the harsh truth is that your money is long gone, and anything you do to try to get it back is likely to be throwing good money after bad. The one exception would be if an actual regulated company or professional advised or facilitated this investment, in which case you may have some comeback against them, or possibly the FSCS if the regulated company has already shut up shop).
    • AdamO
    • By AdamO 13th Feb 19, 12:15 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    AdamO
    Protecting other potential victims
    Thanks for response. Has anyone reported this lot to the SFO / ActionFraud?
    • Frugio
    • By Frugio 13th Feb 19, 1:06 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Frugio
    Who is Who?
    HI. So, so far:

Belmont Insolvency and Serex are definitely scammers. Serex have a fake licence, BTW.

Tao Feng Associates?
    CMC Holdings?

I guess anybody offering to buy any GWD assets are scammers?

Thank You.
    • Malthusian
    • By Malthusian 13th Feb 19, 4:21 PM
    • 5,600 Posts
    • 9,272 Thanks
    Malthusian
    I guess anybody offering to buy any GWD assets are scammers?
    Originally posted by Frugio
    Yes. Nobody wants to buy a worthless failed investment.
    • Frugio
    • By Frugio 14th Feb 19, 8:50 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Frugio
    I wonder what they hope to get. I've already mentioned I don't intent to send more money and Tao Feng have stated in writing that they are not interested in me as investors nor to ask me to send any money. So, why wasting their time?
    According to them their commission is taken from the sale and shares into the buyers.

According to an email from GWD the land ownership was about to be transferred to us in Oct. I guess that was not done? [Sorry if you've discussed this before...I might have read it but just wanted to re-confirm].
    • tdunirl
    • By tdunirl 21st Feb 19, 7:57 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    tdunirl
    Anybody here know a Canadian resident involved?
    will be helpful to investigate if any recovery possible, let me know, Tony
    • Malthusian
    • By Malthusian 22nd Feb 19, 10:40 AM
    • 5,600 Posts
    • 9,272 Thanks
    Malthusian
    I wonder what they hope to get. I've already mentioned I don't intent to send more money and Tao Feng have stated in writing that they are not interested in me as investors nor to ask me to send any money. So, why wasting their time?
    According to them their commission is taken from the sale and shares into the buyers.
    Originally posted by Frugio
    That will be the case until they have you hooked, then once they have your trust they will ask for money upfront.
    • pofaced
    • By pofaced 26th Feb 19, 5:53 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    pofaced
    Sorry for your loss ForestryInv. Do you know whether GWD Forestry have morphed into EcoCrops International ? They have offices in Barcelona, Saudi Arabia and Thailand. They invest in Estonian Forests, among other tree matters etc.
    Last edited by pofaced; 26-02-2019 at 6:03 PM. Reason: The to They !
    • pofaced
    • By pofaced 26th Feb 19, 5:55 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    pofaced
    EcoCrops International . . . GWD Forestry ?!
    Hi Frugio,

Do you know whether GWD Forestry have morphed into EcoCrops International ? They have offices in Barcelona, Saudi Arabia and Thailand. They invest in Estonian Forests, among other tree matters etc.
    Last edited by pofaced; 26-02-2019 at 6:03 PM. Reason: The to They
    • JanSAR
    • By JanSAR 10th Mar 19, 8:17 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JanSAR
    my GWDexperience
    Very much the same as I read through all posts.
    Apart of the scams (their paper work even was full of typo's, and the Tao guys even did not bother sending me their 'draft agreements' after I told them that I heard one of the GWD mgt trusted employees ran away with customer data), I also was end 2018 contacted by this 'assertive' GWD sales person (UK accent) how wanted me to invest more. He promised me (in writing - email) that the eucalyptus and black wattle and white teak would be harvested in Q1/19. They also would look for better opportunities to valorise the wood (pellets ?..)
    I said I would invest more .. with part of the return from my first investment (2010-11).
    Since then no more news. The client login on the website was removed; the phone went 'temporary' dead (Spanish auto-reply).

Does anyone have proof they ever planted anything in Brasil?...
    The reports from the Portuguese university ; I could not find back the authors in the university directories..
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,510Posts Today

5,798Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin