bodyshop freebies

Options

Comments

• kimmy112
    Options
    Charliezoo wrote: »
    My friend woks for Body Shop and says when you buy something they're supposed to offer you a sample of a product in the same range, eg, when you buy coconut shower gel they should offer the matching moisturiser.

She also said they're happy to give out samples but are wary of the same people who come in every other day asking for them but never buying anything! Fair enough I suppose!
    i only ask when i buy, i dont want people to think im cheap, even tho i am.
    MAY FREEBIESFree Jar of Sharwoods Sauce.£10 Argos gift card. Picture Hanging Strips. Fairy WUL. Live Mealworms. Hipp Preggy bits. Perfume. Lipton Tea x3. Pack of snack a jacks. Genome fridge magnets. Fuel Rights Book.
  • kimmy112
    Options
    Chia wrote: »
    OK, so it occurred to me that I didn't actually say WHY people should consider boycotting Nestle - basically, their aggressive and deceitful (in terms of health information) infant formula marketing techniques in Africa means that babies who otherwise could be successfully breastfed end up malnourished or dead once the mothers either run out of money to buy formula, dilute it with too much water or prepare it using unsanitary water.

I wish I were making this up, but unfortunately I'm not. So, those of you who buy from the Body Shop - is it really worth it? (Not being judgmental as I used to shop there myself; just hoping to provoke some thought.)
    i shop there because i like the products, not because they do good/bad whatever..... i just like the stuff thats why i buy it... anybody who wants to moan should find somewhere else to do it.
    MAY FREEBIESFree Jar of Sharwoods Sauce.£10 Argos gift card. Picture Hanging Strips. Fairy WUL. Live Mealworms. Hipp Preggy bits. Perfume. Lipton Tea x3. Pack of snack a jacks. Genome fridge magnets. Fuel Rights Book.
  • Dragana
    Dragana Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 25 November 2009 at 10:59PM
    Options
    I advise everyone to drop an e-mail to The Body Shop website and I am sure they will contact individual stores to tell them what they are missing. Trust me...they will deal with those 'lazy' people.
    Come to my store :) you'll get a sample.
    Please bear in mind that only ONE sample should be given to everyone... but if you're nice to ask for another one then there should be no reason not to get one.

xxxxxxxx

P.S. and please do not talk crap about the company. We do what we say we do.
  • Muffin99
    Options
    I went into the body shop the other day and asked for a sample of the eyes and face primer because I wanted to see if it works under the mineral foundation but the SA said they don't give samples of make-up products - although technically it's not even a make-up product! But was she right?

I think she's wrong because they gave me samples of foundation, just enough to try out in little pots. They were happy to help so I could find my best match, it's not easy for me having bad skin! Like you I would like to try the new primer out too. I'd have thought from my experience they'd pop a little in a pot for you.

HTH :)
  • laurenjs88
    laurenjs88 Posts: 1,326 Forumite
    Options
    I got 3 little samples todays from Norwich bodyshop. the girl in the store was lovely :)

I loved BS Vanilla Body-Butter, but havent personally brought anything from there since the take-over. :) however they did have some gorgeous things i really wanted in there today :(
    Had my amazing little girlie 08/12/2007 - 11 days late! 9lbs 3oz
    My second little girl entered the world 20/03/2010 - 11 days late! 8lbs 4oz
    Sea
    led pot challenge 4 - 332
    Make £11k in 2011 £0/£11000 - 0%
    And lots of other challenges!
  • Wow....well that put me in my place. No-one asked me to write on the forum, I decide what and when I do. I do apologise Chia. Next time, I'll find out more information 1st before I write things. But you don't have to go all physco on me. And as someone else mentioned how many other shops are should we boycott? This discussion could just keep going on and on, lets just leave it at that. Next time, I'll tell people about promotions and leave it at that.
  • jessicajay
    Options
    Don't worry Lovesavinmoney, as mentioned before, some people delight in hijacking threads with righteous comments.
  • flipper_2010
    Options
    I thought they were getting around it by saying, no we don't test the products on animals, just the ingredients :confused:

But no, go in and get samples, I've got no problem with that, I would just never give them any money :j
  • katherine31
    Options
    Whereas the original 'Bodyshop' was franchised with the (almost) proviso they were all operating from the same copybook, are L'Oreal operating the same or do they own all shops outright? I would like to know as that would have an outcome on whether you can have freebies or not.
  • georgie262
    Options
    Wow just googled a list of nestle products and I'm not sure I could avoid everything on the list - I had no idea Nestle had so many fingers in so many pies!!!

Back on topic: My Dad used to love their beer shampoo - has this managed to make a come back??
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure