IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Request for name of driver in ticket appeal.

So I received a parking fine for overstaying my parking by 1 minute 30 seconds so I have appealed this using the template from the money saving expert. They have given me 28 days to respond with the name of the driver. What do I do now?

The template stated that I would not be responding till they responded to the various questions I had asked of them. I was parking in the cains brewery village in liverpool. I have appealed to the land owners who do not reply as has been previous stated in a tread. I did appeal to one of the on site vendors who has also spoke to the land owners and they have not responded at all.

Do I respond naming the driver or respond saying I will be acting as the keeper in this instance?
Thanks for any help people can give me.

Comments

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Name the PPC involved

As keeper you should not have used the mse template, but used the blue text template from the newbies sticky thread near the top of the forum

Do not reveal the driver

Edit your post to remove any idea of who was driving, the driver drove, the keeper received the NTK

It is not a fine, it's an invoice
  • Johno100
    Johno100 Posts: 5,259
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    90 second overstay and asking to name the driver. Let me guess, this smells like Parking Eye.
  • fraggz_uk
    fraggz_uk Posts: 8 Forumite
    Yes it is parking eye.
    The letter template states as the keeper I will not be naming the driver as it is not required of me. It also states I will not be replying till they respond to my questions.
    What should I do now? At the end of the 28 days they say if I do not reply I will likely have my appeal rejected.
  • The_Slithy_Tove
    The_Slithy_Tove Posts: 4,024
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    fraggz_uk wrote: »
    What should I do now? At the end of the 28 days they say if I do not reply I will likely have my appeal rejected.
    You do nothing. They reject your appeal (expected). You then appeal to POPLA, with a full and robust appeal.
  • Johno100
    Johno100 Posts: 5,259
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    In the meantime, if the facts are as you state, I'd be complaining to the BPA about Parking Eye breaching their Code of Practice
    13.2 If the parking location is one where parking is normally permitted, you must allow the driver a reasonable grace period in addition to the parking event before enforcement action is taken. In such instances the grace period must be a minimum of 10 minutes.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,624
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 21 July 2019 at 8:23PM
    I received a parking fine for overstaying my parking by 1 minute 30 seconds
    No you didn't so don't throw away your POPLA appeal concentrating on a misunderstanding of what the alleged contravention is.

ParkingEye never, ever issue PCNs for being less than 10 mins overstaying.

This will be about a typo in the VRN you input into the machine. Do you have the P/D machine ticket? Is the VRN showing correctly?

Is the PCN a Golden Ticket like you read about in post #3 of the NEWBIES thread?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • fraggz_uk
    Payment was made using the app that they advertised as the machine wasn’t working. So the app was downloaded and logged in to so that payment for parking could be made. In the appeal proof of payment through the app and reference from the bank where added to it.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,624
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Wrong location code then?

Or, I suspect they've added the time taken to download the app, to the end time, and made >10 mins. You can tell from the times on the PCN, so please check that.

Make no mistake, this IS NOT about 90 seconds, so do not even start there.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • fraggz_uk
    It’s not the wrong site code either. I’ve double checked.
    Why are they allowed to add that to the end time when the rule states its 10 minutes from the end of the paid time?
    The time from entering to paying does make it over 10 minutes but how is that allowed if that’s not the rule.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Check the BPA Cop clause 13, which has 2 grace periods, one from time entering to paying and one at the end to leave

The PE interpretation is different to mine and yours , which is the issue here

Once you get a Popla code you can put those 2 periods to popla with proof of payment and let them decide to start with

The ultimate test would be in court where a judge will decide
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport