Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Hoof Hearted
    • By Hoof Hearted 16th Jul 19, 3:02 PM
    • 2,219Posts
    • 2,224Thanks
    Hoof Hearted
    Together Energy Scam Calls
    • 16th Jul 19, 3:02 PM
    Together Energy Scam Calls 16th Jul 19 at 3:02 PM
    Had a call from 01389493413 from somebody with a Scottish accent saying they were from Together Energy and I owed 233. I know this to be rubbish, but I was with them over a year ago. I wonder whether, among all their other incompetencies, there has been a data breach as she knew my name.

I ranted that if they wanted to contact me to put it in writing. Just be aware. I'm pretty sure it was not genuine and I know I owe them nothing.
    Je suis sabot...
Page 1
    • heatherw_01
    • By heatherw_01 16th Jul 19, 3:06 PM
    • 5,485 Posts
    • 3,924 Thanks
    heatherw_01
    • 16th Jul 19, 3:06 PM
    • 16th Jul 19, 3:06 PM
    Lots of people here saying similar to you, left a while ago etc

https://who-called.co.uk/Number/01389493413
    I'm the Board Guide on Quick Grabbit, Freebies, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning and the UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
    • worried jim
    • By worried jim 16th Jul 19, 3:10 PM
    • 10,507 Posts
    • 16,426 Thanks
    worried jim
    • 16th Jul 19, 3:10 PM
    • 16th Jul 19, 3:10 PM
    Well it is Together Energy, You used to be a customer. I'd call them back and enquire about the balance owed. 0333 150 1699 or email support@togetherenergy.co.uk
    "Only two things are infinite-the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the universe"
    Albert Einstein
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 16th Jul 19, 3:35 PM
    • 5,644 Posts
    • 2,509 Thanks
    brewerdave
    • 16th Jul 19, 3:35 PM
    • 16th Jul 19, 3:35 PM
    Yup -I've had a letter from TE re the amount owing from Feb this year and that was the number given.
    DON'T bother with email - I've never even had an acknowledgement of the many emails I have sent to support@..... since January this year
    • Hoof Hearted
    • By Hoof Hearted 16th Jul 19, 4:30 PM
    • 2,219 Posts
    • 2,224 Thanks
    Hoof Hearted
    • 16th Jul 19, 4:30 PM
    • 16th Jul 19, 4:30 PM
    Interesting. Maybe not a scam call, then. They are a bunch of clowns and I know that I owe them nothing.
    Je suis sabot...
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 17th Jul 19, 7:17 AM
    • 5,644 Posts
    • 2,509 Thanks
    brewerdave
    • 17th Jul 19, 7:17 AM
    • 17th Jul 19, 7:17 AM
    Interesting. Maybe not a scam call, then. They are a bunch of clowns and I know that I owe them nothing.
    Originally posted by Hoof Hearted

Sounds like their accounts are in a mess - they obviously couldn't cope when all of the ex One Select customers were transferred over in December, and are desperately scrabbling around to raise cash from anyone they think might owe them money. I've been trying for over 3 months ,to get my One Select bill corrected and I won't pay them what I owe until they get it right!!!
    • every lot helps
    • By every lot helps 18th Jul 19, 3:19 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    every lot helps
    • 18th Jul 19, 3:19 PM
    • 18th Jul 19, 3:19 PM
    I had two texts from some random mobile number asking me to ring that number about my together energy account; I left them about 6 months ago and was in credit (since refunded).

Like you I assumed a scam and emailed them to report a data breach. It turns out it's not a scam; they've had a "system error" which meant they thought I owed them money. The text was from a debt collectors they users!

So rather than emailing me or sending me a letter asking for money their first port of call was to get a debt collector to text me asking me to ring them back!

Unbelievable. I wouldn't use Together Energy again if they paid me.
    • Shedman
    • By Shedman 18th Jul 19, 8:16 PM
    • 336 Posts
    • 226 Thanks
    Shedman
    • 18th Jul 19, 8:16 PM
    • 18th Jul 19, 8:16 PM
    I had two texts from some random mobile number asking me to ring that number about my together energy account; I left them about 6 months ago and was in credit (since refunded).

Like you I assumed a scam and emailed them to report a data breach. It turns out it's not a scam; they've had a "system error" which meant they thought I owed them money. The text was from a debt collectors they users!

So rather than emailing me or sending me a letter asking for money their first port of call was to get a debt collector to text me asking me to ring them back!

Unbelievable. I wouldn't use Together Energy again if they paid me.
    Originally posted by every lot helps
    Not sure how they can have a "system error" as they don't seem to have a system .

Thanks for info re the source of the texts. I've had 3 over last couple of weeks but, suspecting a scam, I've ignored them. I left over 11 months ago, again with a credit balance which, after a bit of chasing, I got paid. It really does need the regulator to throughly investigate this shower. Perhaps Watchdog or similar need to be informed that they are using a debt collector to text/pester ex customers who owe them nothing.
    • Hoof Hearted
    • By Hoof Hearted 22nd Jul 19, 6:17 AM
    • 2,219 Posts
    • 2,224 Thanks
    Hoof Hearted
    • 22nd Jul 19, 6:17 AM
    • 22nd Jul 19, 6:17 AM
    Update:

I had a reply from Together. They didn't deny the call emanated from them:

Thank you for contacting Together Energy.

I have checked your account and I am aware you switch suppliers and your account was closed.

Please disregard this call. I will note this on your account.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused. If there is anything else we can help you with please get in touch on 0333 150 1699.

Kind regards,

Nicole Latimer

Customer Service Advisor

Together Energy

Tel: 0333 150 1699

Good morning,

I am an ex Together customer. Today, I had a phone call from 01389493413, purporting to be Together Energy, saying that I owe a large amount of money, over 200, although I left over a year ago.

If this is the case, I am not going to respond to a incoherent phone call. Please write to me or email to explain why you say I owe money (I know I don't).

Alternatively, if this is a scam call, could you let me know how information about me was obtained from Together Energy by scammers.
    Je suis sabot...
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 22nd Jul 19, 8:35 AM
    • 5,644 Posts
    • 2,509 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Update:

I had a reply from Together. They didn't deny the call emanated from them:
    Originally posted by Hoof Hearted

Was that reply via email ??
    • Hoof Hearted
    • By Hoof Hearted 22nd Jul 19, 6:26 PM
    • 2,219 Posts
    • 2,224 Thanks
    Hoof Hearted
    Correct, an email response.
    Je suis sabot...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,543Posts Today

5,948Users online

Martin's Twitter