Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 22nd May 19, 11:12 PM
    • 29,147Posts
    • 11,961Thanks
    forgotmyname
    IMAP emails not showing on 2 devices?
    • 22nd May 19, 11:12 PM
    IMAP emails not showing on 2 devices? 22nd May 19 at 11:12 PM
    Wondering if anyone can help?

I have my own domain with 50webs and having some email issues. Phone and PC all have the same email accounts setup using IMAP not POP3.

Tested all the addresses and i could send and receive emails and they showed on the phone and PC. But away from home the emails would not sync even if i tried manually.

Testing to see if it was actually connected I used one of the accounts to send an email to an old email i had on my phone and that was received fine. After sending that all my emails downloaded from my own domain.

Back at home i tried sending an email which appeared to work but nothing in my sent box. No response from the recipient either (should be an auto reply). Sent using 50webs webmail and it sent and i received a reply on the pc only not my phone.

101% sure its all IMAP and the correct ports also. What does that leave?

Oddly i appear to be able to send emails to myself and they appear to be working.

Send / Receive and they show in the sent folder and i receive them.

Thanks from puzzled...
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
Page 1
    • grumpycrab
    • By grumpycrab 23rd May 19, 8:40 AM
    • 4,141 Posts
    • 2,000 Thanks
    grumpycrab
    • 23rd May 19, 8:40 AM
    • 23rd May 19, 8:40 AM
    I have my own domain with 50webs ... But away from home the emails would not sync
    Originally posted by forgotmyname
    Email authentication. Who provides your email? If 50webs - ask them what's going on.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
    • dan958
    • By dan958 23rd May 19, 9:27 AM
    • 104 Posts
    • 156 Thanks
    dan958
    • 23rd May 19, 9:27 AM
    • 23rd May 19, 9:27 AM
    Check the outgoing port is correct, and that it is open on your router. Try and telnet to their server using the outgoing port.

Make sure outgoing authentication is enabled, if their server requires it.

If your dvice doesnt seem to be syncing all emails properly, check if they are on the webmail system.
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 23rd May 19, 4:56 PM
    • 29,147 Posts
    • 11,961 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 23rd May 19, 4:56 PM
    • 23rd May 19, 4:56 PM
    Ports, usernames and passwords were correct.

I could use the 50webs webmail to access and send emails.

Appeared to be a certificate issue. Getting emails on both devices now, some are a bit slower to show all but its getting there.

Fingers crossed it works at home and away from home. Even sent emails from every address to myself before i went away to make sure they worked.

Thanks.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

37Posts Today

4,259Users online

Martin's Twitter