Lloyd’s and Barclaycard fees, interest refunded

Hi all,

First time poster here so I hope I’ve put this in the right place to discuss...

Friday and Saturday post arrived with letters from Lloyds and Barclaycard with details of a refund of fees, charges and interest. They have review some operating practices and felt they weren’t always being helpful to those in sticky situations... nice!

I’m not really sure why this refund has come around or what the eligibility criteria of it is. Is anyone else aware of this?

Thing is I’m in an IVA so the refund is just being knocked off the total. Fair enough I suppose... part of the letter states “they will not look further into my case and provide further redress unless I contact them regarding any other circumstances or losses in relation to this”

Do you think I’d have a case of saying if it wasn’t for their irresponsible lending practices (card taken out had a £500 limit, final debt was £19,000 without a single review!) I wouldn’t be in an IVA, I’d not have spent £7k+ on fees with my IVA practitioner etc... just a thought...

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    No. It sounds more like irresponsible borrowing.

At some point, you just need to stop spending.
  • Couldn’t agree more. I was a stupid young irresponsible 23 year old issues with a credit card that never ended. Drew cash to pay it off lost in a cycle of huge interest and never being able to pay more than the minimum. I’m 100% sure it’s a story told a million times in these forums.

Changed man now who’s paying the price for lenders always saying yes. Now tidying my mess up
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,033
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Do you think I’d have a case of saying if it wasn’t for their irresponsible lending practices (card taken out had a £500 limit, final debt was £19,000 without a single review!) I wouldn’t be in an IVA, I’d not have spent £7k+ on fees with my IVA practitioner etc... just a thought...
    The issue about the refund is not about responsibility.

Very few "irresponsible" complaints succeed. A few do. Tends to be people with mental health considerations.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,626
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Lloyds group for sure are looking at these things, it was in the press last week, anyone in the Lloyds group (Halifax, Bank of Scotland etc) will be automatically looked at
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure