The Last Furlong

Comments

• Sunshine_girl2
    Sunshine_girl2 Posts: 2,727 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 12 April 2019 at 6:52PM
    Today didn't end up being a NSD as I forgot the window cleaner was coming so £2.30 spent. I had some spare time this afternoon and inspired by another forum user HHOD I have decluttered all my clothes and shoes. One black bin bag of clothes for the charity shop and one for the clothing bin. Plus around 20 books well. I have at least 40 items for eBay as well.

I am determined now to de clutter every drawer and cupboard over the summer. I am definitely not a hoarder so it shouldn't be a to onerous task.

Took lounge and bedroom curtains down, also took cushion covers off and now it's all washed ready to go back up over the weekend.

Looking forward to a nice bath tonight .
    Debt free April 26th 2021

• Sunshine_girl2
    Hi there - good luck with the final furlong - I've subscribed.

Nothing like a good old pared down wardrobe - I sorted a few things out myself last weekend - couple of pairs of trousers that was slightly too small initially but now fit - however I found that I didn't really care for them anymore! Off to the charity shop they went!

Have a good weekend Sunshine. Are you up to anything special apart from the de-cluttering?
    x[
    Hi SSG , I am not up to anything else this weekend just usual mundane housework and shopping. I am however heading to Scotland for Easter .

• Sunshine_girl2
    Nicnak wrote: »
    i'm hoping for three next week. Not doing so well with NSDs at the minute xx

I think 3 is really good.

• Willowtree222
    Willowtree222 Posts: 7,694 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I think 3 is really good.

I had one yesterday day so that's good!
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    You will get over the debt free line soon.

I have subscribed.

Everyone seems to be decluttering like crazy. I have decluttered my clothes so ruthlessly I now don't have enough to wear! Have a good weekend :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • It must be Spring fever causing all the de-cluttering :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Sunshine_girl2
    I have been to the charity shop already and the clothing bin . eBay has 22 items on, am sure I will find more but not today.

• Onebrokelady
    Onebrokelady Posts: 7,379 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Good luck with the Final Furlong and the decluttering,Im loving my decluttered wardrobe,I have indentified that I might need a jumper or cardigan but I'm not going to buy it now it's nearly summer
    Hope you have good weekend ,I've subscribed too:beer:
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Not long now till Easter. Quite envious that you're visiting lovely Scotland.

Excellent idea on the little and often de-cluttering policy over the summer. That way you won't get fed up with it or overwhelmed. I've was going to do my seasonal job of swapping over my autumn/winter clothes to spring/summer this weekend but it's still rather chilly so I'm going to leave it till next weekend. Not exactly sandal weather yet! I'll carry on wearing the boots - I do have one pair of flip flops out but they're for the pedicure days!:D
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Sunshine_girl2
    Well I am snookered if it rains now as my wardrobe is full of sandals ! All my winter stuff is packed away in the suitcase.

I have done tons more washing , bedding , mattress protectors on all both beds . Cleaned my windows , I only have 4 :rotfl:.

Went to the beauticians for waxing and had a free eyebrow wax from loyalty visits so saved £6. I am limping into payday now , which is Friday but will be Thursday .

eBay is going well , have had a few bids already.

Need to wash up now and settle down for the evening.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure