Santander Refer a Friend

Comments

• datz
    datz Posts: 159 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 12 April 2019 at 10:47PM
    Anon wrote: »
    A long delay as they had to source more vouchers? Have they not heard of Amazon, open 24/7 online ... :D.

Lol.

Well, I'd be surprised if this third party company (handling the promo on behalf of Santander) is paying face value for the vouchers. So there probably is a bit of negotiation going on over price and quantity - otherwise you would think that Santander would just dump the cash directly into accounts.
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,965 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Is there anyone else waiting for vouchers claimed around 19th/20th March please ?
    Checked your junk mail? Outlook trapped every voucher code that has been sent to me in junk mail.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    datz wrote: »
    Lol.

Well, I'd be surprised if this third party company (handling the promo on behalf of Santander) is paying face value for the vouchers. So there probably is a bit of negotiation going on over price and quantity - otherwise you would think that Santander would just dump the cash directly into accounts.

They won't be paying face value, though it still doesn't explain why it took them two weeks to get themselves organised since the last batch were processed.

We have had a few referee but not the corresponding referrer vouchers today, odd (combined with the name mismatch - perhaps a file corruption issue?).
  • Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,653 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Anon wrote: »
    They won't be paying face value, though it still doesn't explain why it took them two weeks to get themselves organised since the last batch were processed.

Having worked in a big company for many years there can be a lot of time consuming messing around when a budget has been exceeded and someone's got to make the decision to spend more money than was planned. There will likely be layers of approvers and a chain of parties involved in procuring the batch of codes.
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Probably didnt budget for mse'rs and all the loopholes they left for people to exploit.
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,084 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    soulsaver wrote: »
    Checked your junk mail? Outlook trapped every voucher code that has been sent to me in junk mail.

Just 1 switch claim from 20th March ( 19th was paid couple of weeks ago) neither myself or referrer has had reward, I resubmitted the claim late yesterday, phone call will get made Monday just to ensure hasnt been approved with vouchers needing to be sent out)

27th claims were paid yesterday as were for others :j
  • bristolleedsfan
    bristolleedsfan Posts: 12,084 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Do forum readers agree the only significance of 18th May date is thats the last date to get RAF codes from Santander ????

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/8433157/santander-will-pay-you-up-to-250-if-your-friends-switch-their-bank-accounts-to-them/
  • Yes 18th May is the last day that customers can get codes, but this can be withdrawn at any time re T&C's.

My understanding is though from reading the T&C's is that the 18th June stands regardless for claims as no where does it state that this could change.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    Do forum readers agree the only significance of 18th May date is thats the last date to get RAF codes from Santander ????

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/8433157/santander-will-pay-you-up-to-250-if-your-friends-switch-their-bank-accounts-to-them/
    This is a new one on me. Go by the Sun, not by the offer T&Cs. Although the T&Cs do agree with the Sun that the last date for requesting codes is no later than May 18 2019.
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,346 Forumite
    Sorry if this has been answered up thread...

Can you, as a joint 123 lite account holder, recommend the other joint account holder and have them switch a non Santander account into said joint account. Or is this deemed to be recommending yourself??
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.31% of current retirement "pot" (as at end March 2024)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure