Become a TV/film extra... official MoneySavingExpert.com discussion

Comments

• GillM
    GillM Posts: 184 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'd love to have a go at this but I'm about as photogenic as a squashed toad. Although I believe there are specific agencies for ugly people so maybe there's hope for me yet! :D
  • I have always been told that they shouldn't ask for any money off you, so just make sure they are trustworthy before you hand any over.
  • I have been sent details today of how I pay my £50, I have been supplied with a bank account number and sort code and the bank its from. I have been told I can either pay via the internet or go into any banch of their bank account (HSBC) and pay cash in to their account if I want. The other thing that worried me is their schedule on the day we meet up, they have a 155 mile journey from meeting point to location we are filming and staying and they say they need 1 hour, I queried that by email and was told 1-2 hours as they have local knowledge, bit wary of anyone who thinks they can do 155 miles in under 2 hours! Im starting to wonder if its too good to be true, has anyone else used paramount media for extras work?
  • lucylucky
    lucylucky Posts: 4,908 Forumite
    edited 2 November 2010 at 10:06PM
    nozzer35 wrote: »
    I have been sent details today of how I pay my £50, I have been supplied with a bank account number and sort code and the bank its from. I have been told I can either pay via the internet or go into any banch of their bank account (HSBC) and pay cash in to their account if I want. The other thing that worried me is their schedule on the day we meet up, they have a 155 mile journey from meeting point to location we are filming and staying and they say they need 1 hour, I queried that by email and was told 1-2 hours as they have local knowledge, bit wary of anyone who thinks they can do 155 miles in under 2 hours! Im starting to wonder if its too good to be true, has anyone else used paramount media for extras work?

Pay up front and a journey of that length in the time indicated would have to break the speed limit - local knowledge or not.:cool:

Exit stage left methinks - you are being had.
  • Definitely DO NOT pay an up front fee!!! If an agency thinks it can get you work, it will do its damndest.. and THAT is how they will make their money. They may also charge a nominal registration fee out of your first/ second job etc, and this is fair.

Do not pay for their "accomodation scam":eek:
    The only thing we know for sure, is that we know nothing
  • Yes I think I might leave this alone now, they were very blunt in their reply about doing the distance in 1-2 hours citing local knowledge and diversion routes! Also I can find basically nothing about the firm and they have no website and phone numbers, they want me to pay £50 to them and they will then ring me about a week before we all meet, also they mention they had parking reserved at cardiff city hall parking, I contacted them today and this company has no parking reserved for when they claim. I also looked up the director they claim is directing this and can find nothing anywhere on the web about him doing this film, it might be a bit secret but these things normally leak out on the internet somewhere. I think you are all kindly right and the fact they want this accommodation deposit up front and the lack of being able to contact them means I will exit indeed stage left!
  • I saw the same thing and have been receiving emails with details. On gumtree, it now says it's a scam. It won't let me post the link so you'll have to search for it. Apparently the police have been involved too.
  • Snap, ive been receiving smae replys from paramount media, there just scammers, but it as really guttered me that they av done this
  • And there is no place called the scott house in ruthin, ive emailed paramount media saying ive heard this is a scam can you prove me wrong and they replied to me saying we have got you a place after christmas on a film set in london and you dont have to pay no deposite and then we can get you more work, but i asked for a number so i can phone them and ive got no reply.. Charming
  • Yes once they asked me for money I got suspicious, plus the lack of contact details worried me, I mean if your involved in that line of work then surely you would have a website for starters. I found a scott house in ruthin but its a house thats been converted into private flats so the accommodation didnt add up to me either. Luckily I didnt pay them any money and hopefully nobody else did.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback