Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sparhawke
    • By Sparhawke 22nd Feb 14, 9:54 AM
    • 1,391Posts
    • 2,383Thanks
    Sparhawke
    Important / Sticky Threads
    • 22nd Feb 14, 9:54 AM
    Important / Sticky Threads 22nd Feb 14 at 9:54 AM
    I have been asked to clean up some sticky threads on my boards, and it is something I have been meaning to get around to one my own for quite a while to be honest, nine stickied threads is a little much

So, without any gilding the lily or any further ado whatsoever...

Official MSE Fully Researched Guides:

Free Anti-virus Software

Free Mobile Anti-virus

From the Forum:

What Security do you use?

How to speed up a slow PC is less than one hour

How often do you back up?

Look here for wireless, file and printer sharing

Malware and spyware removal thread

Glossary of technical terms - Add your own (this is a very old thread and one of those threads that have not been updated sufficiently as newer terms come up, does anyone feel like going through it and making a thread with lots of updated terms in the first post? I will then replace it with the old one)

All free virus/malware scanners are here

Frequently Asked Questions - Techie Q&A's (This is another thread that could use a bit of TLC and updating if anyone feels up to the task)
    Last edited by Former MSE Zorica; 05-06-2014 at 9:39 AM.
    "Don't blink. Blink and you're dead. They are fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink. Good Luck" - The Doctor.
Page 2
    • Nadeemali
    • By Nadeemali 9th Mar 17, 8:00 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Nadeemali
    Strongly agree
    Remove all except

HOW TO SPEED UP A SLOW PC OR INFECTED PC. (a mini guide) by closed.

The others are pointless/outdated and a simple Google search will suffice to find relevant information.
    Originally posted by dogmaryxx
    I strongly agree and back this request. It was the first help I got from this platform and its really useful.
    • debitcardmayhem
    • By debitcardmayhem 9th Mar 17, 8:20 PM
    • 9,027 Posts
    • 6,813 Thanks
    debitcardmayhem
    I strongly agree and back this request. It was the first help I got from this platform and its really useful.
    Originally posted by Nadeemali
    When did you use it then , it's about 30 months out of date at least, you joined 6 days ago .....sorry I felt I needed to point this out
    Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot
    • Cisser
    • By Cisser 25th Mar 19, 8:34 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Cisser
    Remove all except
    Originally posted by dogmaryxx
    it is a loss if we do.
    • Robisere
    • By Robisere 25th Jun 19, 9:16 PM
    • 2,717 Posts
    • 3,655 Thanks
    Robisere
    I have noticed several MSE Techie requests for help with Hudl2 issues. I have a 6-page document that I compiled in either Open Office (.odt) or Microsoft Word 97/2000 formats. Would this help if posted as a Sticky?
    I think this job really needs
    a much bigger hammer.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

254Posts Today

3,497Users online

Martin's Twitter