Is there a bonafide way to stop cats and foxes coming into my garden?

123457»

Comments

• Rusty_Shackleton
    Rusty_Shackleton Posts: 473 Forumite
    edited 23 May 2019 at 12:27PM
    robatwork wrote: »
    As seen earlier, there are several tw@s out on this thread.
    Just hope I never buy a house near one of them.

I'm really quite shocked by the number of people advocating harming animals, peoples pets no less, because of a bit of poo in their garden. I can't believe there are adults out there who think and behave in this way. I can't think what would make me ever behave like that... actually I can think of one: If I found out you'd poisoned my cat, you'd better watch your back. If you behave like a dangerous animal you can expect to be treated like one ;) [jokes, I wouldn't harm anyone, i'd make their life hell though]
  • Q. How to keep cats out of your garden?

A. Get a cat of your own!
  • Davesnave
    Davesnave Posts: 34,741 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Q. How to keep cats out of your garden?
    A. Get a cat of your own!

Doesn't work in many cases.

We've never had an aggressive cat yet. In an urban environment, our last two were quite happy to let other non-threatening cats pass through their territory, though they drew the line at foxes.
  • Davesnave wrote: »
    Doesn't work in many cases.

We've never had an aggressive cat yet. In an urban environment, our last two were quite happy to let other non-threatening cats pass through their territory, though they drew the line at foxes.

Second this. We have two cats that we've started to let outside. They've made friends with two others cats (one of which is an un-neutered male, surprisingly) who now come and spend time in our garden with them.

Despite the occasional poos in the garden I'm quite happy to see the 4 of them playing together!
  • Jackmydad
    Jackmydad Posts: 9,186 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    If you have two un-neutered toms, after a female they'll fight. Otherwise, as said they usually seem to get on OK, even with "strangers"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure