Samsung Galaxy no buds

2»

Comments

• KatrinaWaves
    KatrinaWaves Posts: 2,944 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    DoaM wrote: »
    This forum is actually called Praise, Vent & Warnings (unless the thread has been moved). ;)

*shakes fist at the world*
  • Go on their forums, or write to the CS team at Chertsey, calmly and politely state what happened - their CS team spend a fair bit of time on forums, but they're mega busy so write plainly without emojis, sarcasm or coloquialities that might not be understood by someone whose first language isn't English - something along the lines of;

I bought the product, thought I was entitled to the freebie and claimed it, claim was verified, then only when I chased delivery was the verification withdrawn - I appreciate you don't have to give me any but please understand that because the claim was verified I am disappointed not to have got them

then see what happens, but be honest with yourself - you made a mistake too, your mistake is the root cause of this saga, so Samsung's obligations are zero, all you're doing is asking them to be that "above and beyond" company that perhaps you expect them to be
  • giraffe69
    giraffe69 Posts: 3,558 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Best not to use phrases such as "I was like.............."
  • Hermione_Granger
    Hermione_Granger Posts: 1,418 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Moglex wrote: »
    You are correct that it is appalling customer service.

It's only a pair of buds -

"Only a pair of buds" that cost in the region of £120 and I can't see many companies giving away goods of that value when they don't have to.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    "Only a pair of buds" that cost retail in the region of £120

Fixed that for you. The cost to Samsung is nowhere near £120. In fact I'd be surprised if they're paying more than £20 a set. ;)
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Any news OP ?
  • I did already try and contact both the promotions team and Samsung with a reasonable request to make good the promise, but to no avail. In fact the promotions team just kept responding with the same standard reply, a cut and paste job.

Samsung did appear to be more concerned but in the end just referred to terms and conditions and said they couldn't breach these. So that's all folks.

Thanks everyone for all your comments and input.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure