Talktalk TV Refund

I have been a Talktalk customer for a long time and received a "free" Youview box many years ago. I therefore queried why they have started charging £4 per month for "Talktalk TV", given that I don't use any of their subscription offerings. With little argument they refunded the charges already taken and have deleted the Talktalk TV charge from future bills.

Why pay for something you already own? It appears that Talktalk are simply trying this on with the long-established customers who already own a Youview box. Call them and ask for the charge to be removed.

Having said that, I have been very satisfied with Talktalk. My package includes broadband and free phone calls, both national and international, all for a price similar to most regular broadband operators. You do have to haggle for this, but it is very good value if you make a lot of phone calls.

Comments

• 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Jack_B52 wrote: »
    I have been a Talktalk customer for a long time and received a "free" Youview box many years ago. I therefore queried why they have started charging £4 per month for "Talktalk TV", given that I don't use any of their subscription offerings. With little argument they refunded the charges already taken and have deleted the Talktalk TV charge from future bills.

Why pay for something you already own? It appears that Talktalk are simply trying this on with the long-established customers who already own a Youview box. Call them and ask for the charge to be removed.

Having said that, I have been very satisfied with Talktalk. My package includes broadband and free phone calls, both national and international, all for a price similar to most regular broadband operators. You do have to haggle for this, but it is very good value if you make a lot of phone calls.

I agree - I have a TT fast fibre line and am more than happy with the price, connection and service that I have had from this most maligned supplier for over 16 years (business and residential)
    You say that haggling is not necessary - this is true, but when you do haggle - the price drops further still !
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure