Living to be debt free in 2019!

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,176 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Good news on the compensation & more debt clearing :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • I have paid another £750 off my credit card so now sitting at £4175.
    Manager has confirmed I will receive overtime pay this month too. Phew
  • beanielou
    Moneybear wrote: »
    I have paid another £750 off my credit card so now sitting at £4175.
    Manager has confirmed I will receive overtime pay this month too. Phew

Great :)
    Sooon be in the 3's :j :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Not long until payday now and I definitely feel like I need it. Tom had an unexpected trip to the vets today as he hasn't been well. Thankfully not anything too serious and less than what the excess would be to claim it back.

The guy I am seeing came with me to take him which was sweet. Things are getting a bit more serious now which is a mixture of exciting and scared.

Plans for this weekend is to clean, cook and relax. Quiet weekend is definitely needed after this week at work.

I have also discovered Dave Ramsey through youtube. I'm not 100% convinced on his 7 steps but I definitely agree with an emergency fund, pay off all debts and 3-6 months expenses saved up. Maybe not in the same order but it is something I am going to start looking into.
  • beanielou
    Glad that Tom is ok :)

Exciting times ahead :)

• I have sat down to figure out that if I carry on how I am, I will be debt free in June/July. I am feeling a mixture of emotions.
    It feels like it is REALLY far away and I'm struggling to imagine cutting back and doing the bare minimum like I have the last few months. But I am not missing out on much other than take aways and shopping. Shopping that I really don't need and items I've never paid much attention to, but now want them.

The sensible part of me knows this is insane! I literally don't need anything along those lines and I am fine. July is not that far away in reality and I can start building my emergency fund and savings at that point.
  • beanielou
    5 months is just no time at all :)

• pidge04
    pidge04 Posts: 792 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Wow, you are doing so well. Can't believe you are just a few months away from being debt free.
    I think you've got a bright financial future ahead!
    Store card £140 £117 - Store card £150 - Overdraft £200 - PayPal £364 - Loan 1 £5052 - Loan 2 £1733 - Credit card £2890 - Car hire purchase £3200 - Savings £0.
  • Moneybear
    Moneybear Posts: 218 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I can't believe the last time I posted was Feb!!!

Sorry to have done a runner from my own diary :(

I have some great news. I have £2100 remaining and I am set to be debt free by the end of June. There is no way I will achieve it this month sadly but it isn't that far away now.

Work is the same old but I have a new manager now. He is much better than the previous one and has addressed all the issues I was having with my team at work. They witnessed what happened to be prior to being appointed a manager so they were fully aware. It has meant I am going to work a lot happier however I am still feeling unfulfilled. I have promised myself once I am debt free that I will build up my emergency fund and have a think about my future career later in the year.

My little Tom cat is still being dramatic. He had an emergency visit to the vet earlier in the month but thankfully all was well. I wish they had a loyalty card!

Things have also been going well with the guy I am seeing. I met his family last weekend and things have been getting better and better

Hope you are all well :)
  • beanielou
    Hardly any time til June :)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure