Medical emergency

Comments

• jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Tyzap wrote: »
    There is, you just cannot see it or understand it, so you criticise people who can and do. Totally negative!

It's nothing to do with being negative or positive, it's about giving qualified opinions rather than create unrealistic expectations. People in here are very knowledgable but there's generally a tendency to overestimate the validity of claims based in insufficient details. This thread is a clear example.
  • DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,903
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I hold by the principle that emergencies, especially medical ones, could happen to me. Therefore I do not get in the way of or complain for compensation when something happens that I or mine might benefit from.

Sure, it's a principle that might be costing me money but better that than someone's life.
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Non-Eu airline flying from a Non-EU airport means no compensation.
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,102
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    I hold by the principle that emergencies, especially medical ones, could happen to me. Therefore I do not get in the way of or complain for compensation when something happens that I or mine might benefit from.

Sure, it's a principle that might be costing me money but better that than someone's life.

I for one second that:T
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • jpsartre
    Forumite
    Non-Eu airline flying from a Non-EU airport means no compensation.

I think the OP meant that the flight was coming from Dubai. I assume the OP was boarding in the UK although that hasn't strictly been established.
  • dbrookf
    dbrookf Posts: 590
    Forumite
    jpsartre wrote: »
    I think the OP meant that the flight was coming from Dubai. I assume the OP was boarding in the UK although that hasn't strictly been established.

Yes Manchester!
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Ganga wrote: »
    I for one second that:T

Me too! A culture that has become endemic to this forum.

The people claiming the most compensation are likely to be the loudest complainers when prices rise - as they assuredly will. Do they honestly think that in the long run the airlines and their bosses will be happy to bear the losses brought about by everybody scrambling for compensation at the drop of a hat? I don't think so.
  • jpsartre
    Forumite
    LadyDee wrote: »
    The people claiming the most compensation are likely to be the loudest complainers when prices rise - as they assuredly will.

The regulations have been around for well over a decade. If prices have gone up because of EU261 (which I doubt) it happened years ago.
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Maybe it's just me, but trying to claim compo due to a medical emergency on the incoming flight is just wrong. Just because you can or may be able to, doesn't mean you have to, or should.

I agree that a medical emergency is an EC and am on record for stating that in the past. The sanctity of life comes above everything in my opinion.

If the op was on the flight from Dubai they would not have a valid claim, however, as they were waiting for the next flight, they do have a valid claim, if they want to pursue it. At some point the EC has to end and I believe that point is at the end of the affected flight, as it is with bad weather.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    jpsartre wrote: »
    It's nothing to do with being negative or positive, it's about giving qualified opinions rather than create unrealistic expectations. People in here are very knowledgable but there's generally a tendency to overestimate the validity of claims based in insufficient details. This thread is a clear example.

Unfortunately you have a tendency to snipe at contributors attempting to answer enquiries rather than confining you post to answering the ops question. That is negative, not for the first time either.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure