Shopandscan - screenwise

Options
As this is a new part of shopandscan I thought we could start a thread about the new screenwise panel.
How is everything going . What problems are we having.
I have got the TV box installed but not sure what I am doing with tablets and phones

Comments

• Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,221 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I've got in on the TV & desktop, not installed on my phone though, some due to CBA & some to privacy

Sometimes the tV does not seem to know the TV is on and I have to jiggle the mains lead pickup, but generally seems OK
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • paul2louise
    paul2louise Posts: 2,421 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Farway wrote: »
    I've got in on the TV & desktop, not installed on my phone though, some due to CBA & some to privacy

Sometimes the tV does not seem to know the TV is on and I have to jiggle the mains lead pickup, but generally seems OK

Not sure what u are supposed to do when u stop watching TV. U have to select a character otherwise they all keep flashing
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Not new, I've been doing it for several years now. No issues in getting points credited and my only communications with them have been a couple of times when they've sent polite reminders to always select a viewer.

The flashing lights go off as the power to the unit dies, shortly after turning off the TV.
  • paul2louise
    Options
    fifeken wrote: »
    Not new, I've been doing it for several years now. No issues in getting points credited and my only communications with them have been a couple of times when they've sent polite reminders to always select a viewer.

The flashing lights go off as the power to the unit dies, shortly after turning off the TV.

Thanks.
    I turned my TV off and deselected the characters and they are still flashing 10mins later
    can't get my screenwise monitor app to work. It just says cannot verify your account. Participation has not yet begun.
    Think I need to give them a call
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,221 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks.
    I turned my TV off and deselected the characters and they are still flashing 10mins later
    can't get my screenwise monitor app to work. It just says cannot verify your account. Participation has not yet begun.
    Think I need to give them a call

If not already called & sorted, try switching everything off, at the wall socket, wait a bit, then start again
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • aardvaak
    aardvaak Posts: 5,833 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I am with Shop & Scan but have never heard of screenwise- how do I get it?
  • paul2louise
    Options
    aardvaak wrote: »
    I am with Shop & Scan but have never heard of screenwise- how do I get it?

Like all shopandscan things you've got to be invited. They choose who they want.
  • fifeken
    Options
    Seems strange, I've just timed it on mine and it took around 30 seconds for the box to die.
    Is the power clip on the right cable or is it amongst a nest of cables and maybe picking up from something else?
  • paul2louise
    Options
    fifeken wrote: »
    Seems strange, I've just timed it on mine and it took around 30 seconds for the box to die.
    Is the power clip on the right cable or is it amongst a nest of cables and maybe picking up from something else?

It is plugged into the mains socket. I had to disconnect everything when I had a TV organising day over the weekend. We have a lot of appliances feeding off a double socket. The engineer came while I was out so OH was in charge.
    There is a router that is plugged into my existing router and this TV box
  • fifeken
    Options
    My TV box with the lights on it takes it's power from a clip type thing that goes around the TV mains cable. This means when the TV goes off, power is also cut to the box. Do you have something like this?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure