Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Sarah
    • By MSE Sarah 12th Jun 18, 1:55 PM
    • 198Posts
    • 85Thanks
    MSE Sarah
    0 WOW
    Ice loyalty scheme
    • 12th Jun 18, 1:55 PM
    0 WOW
    Ice loyalty scheme 12th Jun 18 at 1:55 PM
    We've blagged a deal that gets you a free £10 to spend at John Lewis and M&S when you sign up to a new Mastercard loyalty scheme (which also gives up to 12% back at thousands of shops and pubs).

We'd love to know what you think of the scheme. Please comment below with any feedback, good or bad.

Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by MSE Sarah; 12-06-2018 at 2:06 PM.

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 2
  • IceRewards
    On a side note, the website is now showing the £5 = 450, do you (or anyone) happen to know if two vouchers can be used in one transaction?
    Originally posted by randomandy14
    Iím afraid you can only use one e-voucher from Ice at a time with John Lewis or Marks & Spencer. However, if you have a valid John Lewis or M&S e-voucher from elsewhere, you should be able to use this as well on the same transaction.

We recommend that you read the terms and conditions on the John Lewis or M&S pages on myice.com.

Kind regards,
    Ice Team
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Ice. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the verified companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    • randomandy14
    • By randomandy14 13th Jun 18, 3:46 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    randomandy14
    Ah thank you.

Would like to know how you got a 60GB SSD for £10 though lol
    • Marren
    • By Marren 13th Jun 18, 4:10 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Marren
    Success. After trying to use my ICE points earlier (see above comments) they now have more e-vouchers available for John Lewis.

Just used successfully.

Keep trying.
    • Marren
    • By Marren 13th Jun 18, 4:17 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Marren
    Success
    ICE have some new e-vouchers. I just used mine for £10 off a John Lewis purchase.

Maybe try again.
    • maibe
    • By maibe 14th Jun 18, 2:09 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    maibe
    Just joined. Notice that if you happen to 'cut and paste' your mobile number in says 'invalid', so you need to type it all in instead! Might save someone else some time.
    • Deal76
    • By Deal76 16th Jun 18, 8:19 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Deal76
    I signed up and got the 1000 free points. Then went to Toby Carvery and paid the bill with the registered mastercard. So far no email or text to ask whether I want to spend points or collect points? The Toby payment was about 6pm on Friday. Will the text or email turn up in a few days?
  • IceRewards
    I signed up and got the 1000 free points. Then went to Toby Carvery and paid the bill with the registered mastercard. So far no email or text to ask whether I want to spend points or collect points? The Toby payment was about 6pm on Friday. Will the text or email turn up in a few days?
    Originally posted by Deal76
    When you register your Mastercard credit card with Ice it takes up to 48 hours to be processed by Mastercard. Your purchase will still track and you should receive your email/text within 48 hours. This only happens when you first register your credit card and make a transaction within 48 hours, it wonít have an effect on your Ice transactions in future.

If you still havenít received any confirmation about your Toby Carvery transaction from Ice, please donít hesitate to get in touch with our Customer Services team who will be more than happy to look into this for you.

Live Chat via myice.com
    Email: customerservices@myice.com
    Phone: 01892 800380

Kind regards,
    Ice Team
    Verified Company
    I am a verified representative of Ice. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company so I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the verified companies list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE.
    • leeh3
    • By leeh3 19th Jun 18, 8:16 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    leeh3
    Opt-out marketing
    Asks you to "tick the boxes if you would not like to be contacted" by text, email or post. Thought opt-out was banned under the new GDPR legislation?
  • IceRewards
    Asks you to "tick the boxes if you would not like to be contacted" by text, email or post. Thought opt-out was banned under the new GDPR legislation?
    Originally posted by leeh3
    Please be advised that we do comply fully with GDPR legislation and the Data Protection Act 1998 and our sign up process has been checked for compliance. You can opt out during the sign up process or at any other time by logging in to your Ice account and updating your setting in My Details.

Many thanks,
    Ice Team
    Verified Company
    • dlusman
    • By dlusman 19th Jun 18, 11:39 AM
    • 2,462 Posts
    • 4,890 Thanks
    dlusman
    Please be advised that we do comply fully with GDPR legislation and the Data Protection Act 1998 and our sign up process has been checked for compliance. You can opt out during the sign up process or at any other time by logging in to your Ice account and updating your setting in My Details.

Many thanks,
    Ice Team
    Originally posted by IceRewards
    Maybe - but "opt-out" options are ( quite rightly ) very heavily frowned upon
    https://www.itgovernance.eu/blog/en/gdpr-when-do-you-need-to-seek-consent
    • jnm21
    • By jnm21 20th Jun 18, 5:52 AM
    • 652 Posts
    • 223 Thanks
    jnm21

Many thanks,
    Ice Team
    Originally posted by IceRewards
    Just to let you know leeh3 is correct - passive consent (e.g. pre-ticked opt-in or tick to opt out) is not consent under GDPR or DPA 2018.
    • huwy123
    • By huwy123 4th Jul 18, 8:51 AM
    • 137 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    huwy123
    Does joining this scheme affect any existing loyalty scheme on the card?
    For example I have an "Amazon" card which pays 0.5% cashback as amazon vouchers.
  • IceRewards
    Does joining this scheme affect any existing loyalty scheme on the card?
    For example I have an "Amazon" card which pays 0.5% cashback as amazon vouchers.
    Originally posted by huwy123
    Registering your Amazon credit card with Ice will not have any effect on any other rewards, schemes, cashback or offers you currently get on your credit card or with the retailer. Ice points always work on top.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
    The Ice Team
    Verified Company
    • Topycat
    • By Topycat 4th Jul 18, 10:41 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Topycat
    Promo Code not working
    Hi,

I tried to register for ICE, but the promo code which i copied and pasted is returning the below error upon joining:

Promo code must be alpha numberic

Can anyone help?

Carol
  • IceRewards
    Hi,

I tried to register for ICE, but the promo code which i copied and pasted is returning the below error upon joining:

Promo code must be alpha numberic

Can anyone help?

Carol
    Originally posted by Topycat
    Hi Carol,

Please could you try deleting everything in the promotion code field and manually typing it in? Sometimes extra spaces can be included when copying and pasting which will cause this error message to display.

If you still are having issues please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Services team.

Kind regards,
    The Ice Team
    Verified Company
    • Easily tempted
    • By Easily tempted 4th Jul 18, 11:43 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    Easily tempted
    Doesn't work
    I have added my Mastercard details and no points are shown at all.
  • IceRewards
    I have added my Mastercard details and no points are shown at all.
    Originally posted by Easily tempted
    When logged in, if you check the Ďpending transactionsí in your Ice account you should be able to see your promotional points. It will take 3 days for them to go live.

If you are still having issues, please donít hesitate to contact our Customer Services team via Live Chat on myice.com or email customerservices@myice.com and someone will be able to look into this further for you.

Kind regards,
    The Ice Team
    Verified Company
    • Easily tempted
    • By Easily tempted 4th Jul 18, 12:10 PM
    • 10 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    Easily tempted
    Doesn't work
    Hi

I have sent an e-mail as there is nothing showing in transactions pending and it was last week I opened the account.

Thanks
    • stroke
    • By stroke 5th Jul 18, 8:57 AM
    • 26 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    stroke
    Had a look at ICE - and thinking of signing up but I was interested in what the business model is here ?

Reading the T&Cs/privacy policy:
    - they get commission on each transaction from the 'partner'
    - provide marketing for selected third parties (to you)
    - Data harvesting/sharing with third parties

So, "normal" stuff then There's no such thing as a "free meal" ...
  • IceRewards
    Had a look at ICE - and thinking of signing up but I was interested in what the business model is here ?

Reading the T&Cs/privacy policy:
    - they get commission on each transaction from the 'partner'
    - provide marketing for selected third parties (to you)
    - Data harvesting/sharing with third parties

So, "normal" stuff then There's no such thing as a "free meal" ...
    Originally posted by stroke
    The Ice loyalty programme rewards customers for choosing to shop with environmentally conscious retailers. Customers can collect points when making purchases with our partners and then choose to spend their points with any retailer participating in the programme.

We only send customers information about partners in the programme that we think will be of interest and do not sell your data to any company.

Kind regards,
    The Ice Team
    Verified Company
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,858Posts Today

8,860Users online

Martin's Twitter